Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    MF 135

Default Re: Are you kidding me....

How do classify a "professional" as you call it? Someone in an industrial machine? Did you ask for their credentials? They could be new or junior operators. There's also people that buy a machine, start a business, and have no idea what they're doing. I've seen some very experienced operators do some amazing things with equipment. Some people have the knack for running equipment and some don't no matter how much they'd like to. I consider myself a competent operator in MY skid steer, cause I'm used to it, and an average operator on my track loader with quick attach backhoe. I've worked on some slopes with my skid steer that other operators have turned down. One of them was for a secondary retaining wall that 3 other contractors turned down. They said it couldn't be done with a skid steer. The customer left a cheque for me as he had to be out of town. When he came back he was so impressed he wanted to pay me more. I certainly could have taken more money from him but it was a pretty straight forward job and my estimate was bang on how long it would take.

Tractor
    Kubota B2910, BX2200, Yardman 20HP pos...

Hi,

I don't visit here much anymore, but all I can say is: Green rescuing Orange? Embarrassing !

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by Arc weld View Post
    How do classify a "professional" as you call it? Someone in an industrial machine? Did you ask for their credentials? They could be new or junior operators. There's also people that buy a machine, start a business, and have no idea what they're doing. I've seen some very experienced operators do some amazing things with equipment. Some people have the knack for running equipment and some don't no matter how much they'd like to. I consider myself a competent operator in MY skid steer, cause I'm used to it, and an average operator on my track loader with quick attach backhoe. I've worked on some slopes with my skid steer that other operators have turned down. One of them was for a secondary retaining wall that 3 other contractors turned down. They said it couldn't be done with a skid steer. The customer left a cheque for me as he had to be out of town. When he came back he was so impressed he wanted to pay me more. I certainly could have taken more money from him but it was a pretty straight forward job and my estimate was bang on how long it would take.
    Generally speaking.......a 'professional' is someone who gets paid , 'amateurs' are unpaid.

Amateur | Define Amateur at Dictionary.com

This does not mean that the 'professional' is capable by any means.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Kubota BX25D

Quote Originally Posted by Henro View Post
    Hi,

I don't visit here much anymore, but all I can say is: Green rescuing Orange? Embarrassing !
    That would ...friend helping friends....

Tractor
    Kubota BX25D

Quote Originally Posted by kevin37b View Post
    Those CUT'S are designed for loaders and backhoes . The problem was pilot error .
    I totally agree... If I was not so anxious to "play" I would have waited a few days for dryer ground....etc...

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

It happens to the best of us. I use my bigger tractor to rescue my smaller tractor when the need arises. There have been times I need outside help and then the cats out of the bag and the whole world knows.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123