Are you kidding me....

/ Are you kidding me.... #1  

Soapandbacon

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
So I thought it would be great to cut the grass in the field that hopefully will be our building site. I know the soil is strange here it seams to hold water and is plastic , it was a bit soft but it looked ok to cut. I guess I forgot it rained a few nights ago.....everything went well until the first turn. Next thing I know I'm in deep ... I tried all kinds of stuff but I needed help. Thankfully my good neighbor was at home, see below for the classic tug if war ....

image-3646345950.jpg

/ Are you kidding me....
Next time I'm taking the FEL and BH off, that might help a bit .... Waiting for it to dry might also help...

/ Are you kidding me.... #3  
Soapandbacon,

You may need to re-evaluate your building site if it is that wet. Is there high ground on your property? Or consider tiling around the house site.

/ Are you kidding me.... #4  
Next time I'm taking the FEL and BH off, that might help a bit .... Waiting for it to dry might also help...

I wouldn't consider mowing any other way, the lighter the mower the better.

/ Are you kidding me.... #5  
I leave the FEL on and use it to get me out of sticky spots.

/ Are you kidding me.... #6  
I wouldn't consider mowing any other way, the lighter the mower the better.

Yeah, it is entirely possible that you'd have floated across the ground w/o that extra weight. But with it, now you push not only the tires, but the mower deck into the muck as well. That's becomes a big ol' anchor.

/ Are you kidding me.... #7  
You couldn't push yourself out? A long time ago I was taught to stabilize the rear with the stabilizers, set the buckets on the FEL and Backhoe down and roll both buckets in the direction you want to go. You can walk the backhoe around without ever spinning a wheel. That's how many experienced operators get in and out of wet areas without worrying about digging ruts.

Or try this:
STUCK ON MUD? NO PROBLEM! - YouTube

-Phillip

/ Are you kidding me....
Yeah, it is entirely possible that you'd have floated across the ground w/o that extra weight. But with it, now you push not only the tires, but the mower deck into the muck as well. That's becomes a big ol' anchor.

The mower deck was precisely the issue...the anti scalp rollers were in the way, it took me a moment to realize this, I lifted up and removed them, after that I was able to push up and out with the assistance of my neighbor also pulling.

/ Are you kidding me....
You couldn't push yourself out? A long time ago I was taught to stabilize the rear with the stabilizers, set the buckets on the FEL and Backhoe down and roll both buckets in the direction you want to go. You can walk the backhoe around without ever spinning a wheel. That's how many experienced operators get in and out of wet areas without worrying about digging ruts.

Or try this:
STUCK ON MUD? NO PROBLEM! - YouTube

-Phillip

Philip, I was thinking about that....lack of experience and panic on my part...i wish i would have seen that video before, it would have saved me the embarrassing green vs orange situation . As a side note my mom stopped by , assessed the situation and scolded me for not buying a bigger tractor! but next time....!

/ Are you kidding me.... #10  
From observing the picture, it appears that the land behind the John Deere, is elevated higher than where you got stuck. If your property includes the area that I referred to, can you implement a drainage solution regarding the water soaked area? Water tends to run downhill and collect. Best wishes.