Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25D

Default Are you kidding me....

So I thought it would be great to cut the grass in the field that hopefully will be our building site. I know the soil is strange here it seams to hold water and is plastic , it was a bit soft but it looked ok to cut. I guess I forgot it rained a few nights ago.....everything went well until the first turn. Next thing I know I'm in deep ... I tried all kinds of stuff but I needed help. Thankfully my good neighbor was at home, see below for the classic tug if war ....

-image-3646345950-jpg

Tractor
    Kubota BX25D

Next time I'm taking the FEL and BH off, that might help a bit .... Waiting for it to dry might also help...

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    No longer Searching. Mahindra 3016 Shuttle

Default Re: Are you kidding me....

Soapandbacon,

You may need to re-evaluate your building site if it is that wet. Is there high ground on your property? Or consider tiling around the house site.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Quote Originally Posted by Soapandbacon View Post
    Next time I'm taking the FEL and BH off, that might help a bit .... Waiting for it to dry might also help...

I wouldn't consider mowing any other way, the lighter the mower the better.

Tractor
    Kubota 5030HSTC

I leave the FEL on and use it to get me out of sticky spots.
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph View Post
    I wouldn't consider mowing any other way, the lighter the mower the better.
    Yeah, it is entirely possible that you'd have floated across the ground w/o that extra weight. But with it, now you push not only the tires, but the mower deck into the muck as well. That's becomes a big ol' anchor.

You couldn't push yourself out? A long time ago I was taught to stabilize the rear with the stabilizers, set the buckets on the FEL and Backhoe down and roll both buckets in the direction you want to go. You can walk the backhoe around without ever spinning a wheel. That's how many experienced operators get in and out of wet areas without worrying about digging ruts.

Or try this:
    STUCK ON MUD? NO PROBLEM! - YouTube

-Phillip
    SPIDER TRACTOR: '95 John Deere 5200 MFWD making around 60hp--12.4-24 8ply Goodyear R1 front tires--18.4-26 10ply Goodyear R2 fluid filled rear tires--Tires are set 8' 2" wide for maximum stability on hills--540 Loader with forks and custom fabricated bucket.

Tractor
    Kubota BX25D

Quote Originally Posted by RaydaKub View Post

Yeah, it is entirely possible that you'd have floated across the ground w/o that extra weight. But with it, now you push not only the tires, but the mower deck into the muck as well. That's becomes a big ol' anchor.
    The mower deck was precisely the issue...the anti scalp rollers were in the way, it took me a moment to realize this, I lifted up and removed them, after that I was able to push up and out with the assistance of my neighbor also pulling.

Tractor
    Kubota BX25D

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckydiesel View Post
    You couldn't push yourself out? A long time ago I was taught to stabilize the rear with the stabilizers, set the buckets on the FEL and Backhoe down and roll both buckets in the direction you want to go. You can walk the backhoe around without ever spinning a wheel. That's how many experienced operators get in and out of wet areas without worrying about digging ruts.

Or try this:
    STUCK ON MUD? NO PROBLEM! - YouTube

-Phillip
    Philip, I was thinking about that....lack of experience and panic on my part...i wish i would have seen that video before, it would have saved me the embarrassing green vs orange situation . As a side note my mom stopped by , assessed the situation and scolded me for not buying a bigger tractor! but next time....!

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

From observing the picture, it appears that the land behind the John Deere, is elevated higher than where you got stuck. If your property includes the area that I referred to, can you implement a drainage solution regarding the water soaked area? Water tends to run downhill and collect. Best wishes.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast