How much pressure is too much?

/ How much pressure is too much? #1  

Rod in Forfar

Platinum Member
Tractor
1960 Massey Ferguson 35 (Perkins), 1995 TAFE 35DI, 1980 Bolens G174, 2005 Kubota B7510, 2020 Kioti Mechron 2200ps UTV Troy-Bilt Horse 2 1988 Case IH 255 4WD with loader and cab
Just bought a '05 Kubota B7510 HST with 210 hours. It has a remote attached to the ROPS. I changed the fittings to try my 3 pt hitch log splitter, which it ran well. But when I put a gauge on the line it read 2850 pounds and the manual says 1950 pounds. Previous owner used it briefly on a post hole digger, but its main job has been mowing with a 5' belly mower.

Why (and how) should I turn it down?

Thanks,

Rod

IMG_6490.jpgIMG_6489.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6463.jpg
    IMG_6463.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_6464.jpg
    IMG_6464.jpg
    790.1 KB · Views: 147
   / How much pressure is too much? #2  
G'day 1950psi seems low for relief pressure but I am not familiar with your machine or how remotes are tapped into it, we always set remotes up so they are protected by the machines relief valve so it remains at manufactures spec. Too much pressure will load up the pump and shorten the life of it and anything that happens to be upstream of your remote valve.

As for adjusting your relief the black plastic cap down next to where your lever mounts to the valve should pull off and then undo the lock nut and back the stud out that is under that cap. Small changes can make a big difference so say back it off 1/4 turn then start up the machine and check the pressure on your gauge, continue to do this until you reach your figure.

I like to do these change with the engine off as some valves you can get a small amount of oil leaking when you undo the locknut.

Jon

/ How much pressure is too much? #3  
I looked at your valve and seems like it's not plumbed right. What is the tee in it for? Where are the a and b ports? Now everything could be just fine, it just looks funny to me.

/ How much pressure is too much? #4  
Since you do not have a loader, someone has jacked up BOTH the system relief
valve and the RV on the remote valve. The system RV on Kubotas is located
on a valve/diverter block attached to the carcass of the tractor, usually near
the implement hydraulic pump. 2000psi sounds about right for a deluxe B-series.

If you lower the RV setting on only your AUX valve, this will protect the splitter
and the 3-pt cylinder, since the AUX is most likely is plumbed upstream of your 3-pt, with its
Power Beyond port.

/ How much pressure is too much?
The tractor runs very well the way it's set. Why should I not leave it as it is? (Serious question.)

/ How much pressure is too much? #6  
Too much pressure will load up the pump and shorten the life of it and anything that happens to be upstream of your remote valve.

Jon[/QUOTE]

/ How much pressure is too much? #7  
The tractor runs very well the way it's set. Why should I not leave it as it is? (Serious question.)

If it's working good don't change anything. Most of the time the a and b port are in line with the spool. That what I was looking at.

/ How much pressure is too much? #8  
Hi,

How do you know your Gauge is accurate? Before changing anything I would verify that the pressure gauge you are using is accurate...