Clutch Help!!!!!

/ Clutch Help!!!!! #1  

FH50

Tractor
McCormick Deering OS4
I'm reposting this because I really need help with this clutch;

Hi everyone,
I will be picking up a McCormick Deering OS-4 very soon, and the only major thing wrong is the clutch. It is called a Rockford Over Center Style hand clutch. The clutch is ceased, and on of the parts is cracked. I need to know where to get pats, part diagrams, and part #'s I also need to know which way is the handle to engage the clutch supposed to be in when engaged vs. disengaged? Forward or back? Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

/ Clutch Help!!!!! #2  
I saw your post yesterday, and did a little research on the net with no luck. I would suggest a visit to the parts and service departments at your Case IH dealer; if they don't have the information you need, they may be able to locate it for you. McCormick-Deering was a brand used by International Harvester Co. from its formation from the McCormick and Deering companies, as well as others, back in 1902 or thereabout. IH ag products were sold to Tenneco and merged with Case to form Case IH in 1985. Case IH dealers still have a lot of support for these older tractors.

You can see a bit of information on that tractor here: TractorData.com McCormick-Deering OS-4 tractor information. If you do a Google search for "OS-4 Tractor" you can find several aftermarket parts suppliers who still support it as well.

/ Clutch Help!!!!! #3  
Here is a parts catalog on ebay for $25 + change, w/free shipping. Sounds like a good investment. There are also a couple service manauls there too.

I have your OS-4's big brother, an OS-6, with an older restoration, and an O-4 which is awaiting the start of a work in progress.

Pushing the clutch handle forward engage's the clutch. Never had any problems with mine, and I'm assuming it is the original. It is a 1946 model. I'll try and get a picture of it scanned and posted in the next couple of days...

Not sure about the 4's, but the 6's aren't the easiest steering tractor in the world..!! :)

/ Clutch Help!!!!!
Thanks both of you, I'm going to pick-up the tractor this evening, and I will see if the clutch un-ceases on it's own. I don't think this is the original clutch lever, because when you put the lever forward, it does make the disengaging movement. This is what I can see from the clutch inspection plate cover. I will be contacting town-line-equipment, they are my local full case I.H. dealer. I guess I have to stop being so lazy, and actually call them instead of expecting to find it on the website.
Thanks again,
Ryan