Traction 4330 4wd

/ 4330 4wd #1  

Sheepdr

Bronze Member
Tractor
4330 kabota
I have a l4330 with about 800 hrs on it. When I bought the tractor new the 4wd would slide in and out very easy. Now it goes in easy but when I try to disengage it I have to have the front wheels straight before it will come out. Also when in 4wd the tractor acts like its binding when turning sharp.
I grease it a lot and also use it a lot. I'm trying to avoid a problem here so any help would be great.
My tractor does not have a light on the dash telling me that its in 4wd. Is this normal? I have a switch I could put on it but it seems like it should have on it. Can't find anything in the book on it so I thought I would turn to the people that really know.

/ 4330 4wd #2  
Sounds pretty much like my old L5030, sometimes it would come out of 4WD easily and sometimes not, try turning the wheels left to right or raise the front with the FEL and you can see the tension come out of the drive train as there is a lead on the front tires then it slips right out of 4WD. No dash light on the L5030 or our L5740, sure wish it did; have it on the 8540.

Maintenance is really easy on the GL Series, similar on the L30 and L40.

My tractor had over 1400 hours on it and it sold before they had time to clean it up so the guy had to wait on it a couple of days.

/ 4330 4wd
Do you think synthetic oil would help? I have a switch that came off a truck that controls the Jake at the clutch. I think ill wire that in.

/ 4330 4wd #4  
I doubt it as it is addressed in the manual and has been discussed on TBN previously, but it won't hurt anything.

/ 4330 4wd #5  
When mine gets hard just back it up in a straight line then comes out pretty easy. This works about 95 percent of the time

/ 4330 4wd #7  
try turning the wheels left to right or raise the front with the FEL and you can see the tension come out of the drive train as there is a lead on the front tires then it slips right out of 4WD. No dash light on the L5030 or our L5740, sure wish it did; have it on the 8540.

+1
What you discribe sounds pretty normal for most all the 4WD anythings I have operated over the years. As your tires wear, the amount of wind up may change between the front and rear axles. Again, normal. If you replaced all four tires, it would probably act like it did when it was new.

Bill