Tires Adding fluid to rear tires

/ Adding fluid to rear tires #1  

mbar4965

Tractor
TYM
I just got a new 50 hp 4x4 tractor with HST. Does adding fluid in the tires help the ride? Some of my fields are a little rough and I was trying to figure out a help for smoother ride. One guy told me to lower the air pressure a little another says add fluid?? I have R4 tires and traction is not an issue. Any help is appreciated.

/ Adding fluid to rear tires #2  
R-4's are as rough of a ride that you can get! Adjust the air pressure so you are getting a full bar width on the ground which might be about 12 lbs.

/ Adding fluid to rear tires #3  
Pretty sure that if anything adding fluid to the tires would make the ride rougher.
The only suspension on the rear of most tractors is the tires flexing. Lowering the air pressure should result in a smoother ride.
Just don't lower too much or you'll run the risk of popping the tire off of the bead and instant flat.

/ Adding fluid to rear tires #4  
Fluid in the tires helps lower the center of gravity and adds some stability on slopes when crossing them sideways.

Your only option for a less bouncy ride is lowering tire pressure. But not too low...as mentioned above...unless you have tubes in the tires.

/ Adding fluid to rear tires #5  
Mine got smoother after I filled the rear tires.

/ Adding fluid to rear tires #6  
Filling the tires increases stability, traction, and it absorbs the shock of the bumps better. All of the tractors I have, the rear tires are filled with fluid. Also, if you do decide to take the air out, it will probably dig in more.