Backhoe PLEASE HELP! have a WM55 & have waited FIVE months for delivery of Bradco 509 backh

/ PLEASE HELP! have a WM55 & have waited FIVE months for delivery of Bradco 509 backh #1  

slayer51

Tractor
new holland workmaster55
PLEASE HELP! have a WM55 & have waited FIVE months for delivery of Bradco 509 backh

Dear ??? HELP!!
paid in full for new holland wm55, several implements, and a bradco 509 backhoe with a thumb.Our New Holland dealer said it would be on a submount and husband thought that would be good cause less on the 3 point (excuse my terminology as I don't know a lot about tractors however, unfortunately I do know when I am getting the run around. I want to put an informed STOP to this but I need your help!!
We were told in December that the said backhoe would not be in for a few weeks....I will save the bulk of the run around:confused2: and cut to the quick...
we recently learned that bradco was actually developing, constructing pattening a backhoe for the workmaster55 which is why the delay (would have been nice to have known this before APRIL!!!). Anyway...I just got notification that they have their (New Holland dealer told me they had to ship a wm55 to bradco to construct a backhoe..ehm! finding it hard to swallow that NH would tie up a tractor for FIVE MONTHS for bradco to engineer the 509 to fit the wm55??!!!) Anyway, I asked about the submount being permanent and effecting the clearance of tractor as well as the operation of our 501 farmi winch...
Well he said..."it shouldn't" very wishy washy answers...i do know the backhoe is going to be BOLTED on so i just have a TON of concerns!!!
i allowed them to pick up our tractor from property friday, but said NOTHING is to be done till i go to them at 3 tomorrow...
Unfortunately, my husband is away and im not really sure he would know a whole lot more than me...
Can anyone take a stab at this please?
Thank you!

/ PLEASE HELP! have a WM55 & have waited FIVE months for delivery of Bradco 509 backh #2  
Re: PLEASE HELP! have a WM55 & have waited FIVE months for delivery of Bradco 509 b

You don't want a bolted on backhoe, bring your tractor home, get a refund on the backhoe and wait for the manufacturing issues to be resolved by other people, not by you and your tractor.

/ PLEASE HELP! have a WM55 & have waited FIVE months for delivery of Bradco 509 backh #3  
Re: PLEASE HELP! have a WM55 & have waited FIVE months for delivery of Bradco 509 b

Does the dealer have the unit and subframe? The subframe should be bolted on and the Backhoe should remove easily allowing for normal use of the tractor.

I had to wait 6 weeks for Bradco to build a Mahindra 509 as I was told that there were none on the yard at Mahindra. Later found out the Subframe was the holdup and had to be built as my tractor is discontinued and lead time for that was 6 weeks.

Last edited:
   / PLEASE HELP! have a WM55 & have waited FIVE months for delivery of Bradco 509 backh

Hello helpers...
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh! I think everything is going to be ok!!!
I had had some strong communications w my new holland dealer regarding this way too long wait and the 6 big issues and money i have needed to pay others due to NO BACKHOE!!! I then got nervous when dealer finally got the backhoe and said in relation to this semi-permanent submount that "clearance and farmi winch shouldn't be a problem"....i needed to hear....WILL NOT BE AN ISSUE!
I brought my learnered friend (he is a conservation teacher so he knows heavy machinery!) with me today...YIPPEE....clearance is NOT an issue (lost maybe 3 inches with the submount) and operation of winch is NOT going to be an issue!!! The few things they had to remove related to the winch was simple and quick and happy to say this Bradco 509 does indeed look like it is nice quality. Dennis said very solid, well made and he was fine with the hookup/submount! AMEN!
New holland had a $1500.00 check waiting for me and agreed to allow us to use their miniexcavator for 3 days this summer and the THREE New Holland men (my salesman, manager, service tech ) were very apologetic, aand rightfully patient with me and my lack of knowledge (about tractors that is!!!)
Guys here on this site...thank you for helping me out too!
I look forward to learning a lot from this site and having helpers out in cyber who are willing to spend time trying to help another.
Thanks again!
Whew I am so relieved!

/ PLEASE HELP! have a WM55 & have waited FIVE months for delivery of Bradco 509 backh #5  

Thank you for getting back to us and letting us know this has been resolved for you, to your satisfaction! Sounds like the dealer has indeed taken care of you, and professional help is always a good option. I know of several members who have Bradco 509 backhoes on their Mahindra tractors, and have been very satisified with them. Good luck with your purchase, and hope you have many happy years with it!