John Deere 7230 Loaders

/ John Deere 7230 Loaders #1  

cflowers

Tractor
John Deere 7230, 4430, 4230
I talked to a dealer the other day and am debating on what loader to go with. The H340 or H360. He said the main difference was going to be lift height by like a foot. We bale 5x5 bales and stack 3 high in the barns with skid steers. We have two skid steers and use them for all our loader type work. Bale beds on trucks do most of the feeding but every once in a while we are either axle deep in the mud or get 18 inches of snow then the trucks don't do so well. Need to put a good loader on for feeding hay when we have to use a tractor. So what loader do you guys suggest. Tractor is a Jd 7230 131 engine hp. dealer quoted 8,000 for the 340 and about 1500 more for the 360. Thanks

/ John Deere 7230 Loaders #2  
We have a 740 classic self leveling on our 7130. It's built pretty stout. It actually came with our lemon 7230 standard that we owned for about 6 months and they finally traded us out of it for the 7130 premium, but we kept the same loader. Had a 640 loader on our 6410 that we had for about 12 years, 6 of those years was used everyday on a dairy farm when we still had dairy cows. Only problem we had was the pins started to wear out on the bucket end. But the bucket was used every day for feeding and manure handling. I wonder what size hydro pump you have? Our 7130 had a bigger pump than the 7230. The loader operated real slow on the 72. Dealer even did a little work to it trying to get it faster. We had a lot of other problems with that tractor though, really happy with the loader on the 7130. Also, you will want rear weight. You will pick the back end up all the time. We put fluid in the tires, plus I believe they are 300 lb weights on each side.

/ John Deere 7230 Loaders
dang I hope we didn't buy your old tractor. Haven't had anything go wrong with it yet. lol

/ John Deere 7230 Loaders #4  
It was back on the dealers lot the other day. They had it leased out to run a stationary water pump. Said it ran fine. The trouble was going down the road, it would lose RPMs and warning lights would flash and beep. It would slow down to about 7 MPH in high gear. I think we had it 3 months, and the dealer had it 3 months. We had our old 6410 back for a while. They never could figure out what was wrong with it. When we traded they took the right hand door off and put it on the 7130 for us and also swapped the loader over. Also went from a 6 cylinder tractor down to a 4, but only lost about 5-10 hp, but the tractor was 2 years newer with about 300 less hours. The premium has a much better cab layout also. Looking at the standard and the premium tractor, you can tell they didn't come down the same assembly line.

Well sorry to hear you had a lemon, and at least your dealer took care of you. Anyway, so back to the loaders. Anyone have any experiences with the H340 or H360 John Deere loaders? I think the H340 replaced the 673 loader. where they decent loaders for hay? Or should we go with the H360?

/ John Deere 7230 Loaders #6  
Well sorry to hear you had a lemon, and at least your dealer took care of you. Anyway, so back to the loaders. Anyone have any experiences with the H340 or H360 John Deere loaders? I think the H340 replaced the 673 loader. where they decent loaders for hay? Or should we go with the H360?

Take a look at this from the JD website. Little better explanation of what the new line of H loaders are compatible with and what loaders they replaced.

H Loaders

AKfish

I've looked at the brochure on the web already. I think I over looked the different tractors it listed and I wasn't sure on hp rating for all the numbers. But after a little researched I figured out the numbers. sounds like the 340 would be fine so it basically comes down to lift height, and possibly lift weight. Where can I find lift heights and weights. seems like there was another brochure that had just the 340 and 360. Guess I will go back to the website and look some more.

/ John Deere 7230 Loaders #8  
From the loader operators manual:
Loader Model, Height (bottom of bucket), Capacity at full height (at pivot), Capacity full height (800mm ahead of pivot)
H340 NSL, 156", 5470lbs, 3558lbs
H340 SL , 156" , 4288, 4445
H360 NSL 165" , 5551, 3918
H360 SL 165" , 4101, 4536

The capacities are so close I would go with the H340 unless you need the extra 9" of lift the H360 0ffers.

thats kinda what I'm thinking. thanks for the info.