Unknown tractor

/ Unknown tractor #1  

corey9212

Platinum Member
Tractor
2015 John Deere 3046R
I was watching a video for a lawn mower and the tractor they used looks really cool (looks like the cab turns around on it's axis. Does anyone know what tractor it is?
Thanks

Attachments

• image-3529407125.jpg
    image-3529407125.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 312
  • image-514042041.jpg
    image-514042041.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 290
   / Unknown tractor #3  
Wow! That looks like a very interesting and versatile machine!
Wasn't there something once in a children's story called a "PushMe-PullMe"? If I owned that tractor, I think that would be its nickname.:laughing:

/ Unknown tractor #4  
Wow! That looks like a very interesting and versatile machine!
Wasn't there something once in a children's story called a "PushMe-PullMe"? If I owned that tractor, I think that would be its nickname.:laughing:

I just did a Google search. I was thinking of an animal from a Dr. Dolittle story called a Pushmi-Pullyu, It had a unicorn's head on one end and a gazelle's head on the other. When it tried to move, both heads wanted to go in opposite directions. I still think it would be a great nickname for this tractor.

/ Unknown tractor
Thank you, it does look very versatile, it would be interesting to see how the operators station turns around (it's new technology to me.) would make getting in and out of tight spots a breeze.

/ Unknown tractor #6  
Bi Directional can be really handy.

I currently run a few Mercedes tractors with this feature, the steering/console/controls rotate & reverse pivot by a engaging a simple pin lock - same number of gears forward & reverse controlled by a directional lever + front/rear PTO 3PL remotes ...etc. & it's easy to operate/best place a FEL or blade at either end of the tractor - you'll find pictures of my machines on my post in this thread (albiet I was have a bit of fun with another poster )-
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/278069-telescoping-pto-shaft-end-tractor-4.html

If you're curious on other bidirectional units check out New Holland's TV140 (had one of those too) & TV8070 or the old Versatile 150/160 (run one also) &246/276.

As for the Carraro's - only for the brave, as the spend more time being repaired than running if used on much more than mowing or light PTO duties, particularly the articulated versions which are prone to readily stress crack in the castings around the articulation joint - Valpaldanna is another similar Italian hill side reversible tractor (yep had one also) marginally more robust by still best only for only mowing/spraying & occassional minor light tillage. duties.