So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork?

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #21  
Found two 16ft x 16ft x 3ft deep cast concrete cattle water troughs in the tree line we where clearing for a new road.

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #22  
I ran into a water tight box full of marijuana and scales propped against a telephone phone poll when I was mowing the road banks on out road. The sherif loved that.

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #23  
I found a 150lb steel anvil while digging a hole to bury a horse. The anvil was under 4ft of earth. I pressure washed as much of the rust off as I could but still cant find the markings on it. Not sure how old it is but I am using it

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #24  
How about a Cat D400E 40 ton haul truck.

ForumRunner_20131030_103331.png

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #25  
- Recently forming up a new farm road we hit with a 200hp FEL what we first thought to be a large rock, the bucket cutting lip threw one huge spark & made that screaming sound like fingernails being dragged down a blackboard...... What initially looked like a c.3T rock just below the surface & the only rock we've encounter for miles around in this shale clay area turned out to be (the more we dug around the perimeter with an excavator) a petrified tree trunk of 20ft+ & c.36" diameter, needless to say we left it alone & rerouted the road slightly

My cousin used to dig up an occasional petrified tree trunk while doing bull dozer work.

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #26  
A portion of our wooded land must have been the dump for the family that owned the land decades ago...glass bottles everywhere, a couple old Delco batteries. Always finding leather and rubber shoe soles from the 50s-60s when we dig up the soil to plant something. Further back in the woods along a drainage creek I've found the rear portion of a touring car body from the 20's and a large exhaust manifold from a 6 or 8 cylinder teens car. Haven't found the rest yet but I'm looking!

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #27  
An interesting find by one of my workers... headed out to a job site, found an ammo box laying along the road. Inside was 119 Lake City .50 cal BMG rounds.

He didn't want the ammo (fool), only the can. So I brought him in one that was in "perfect" shape and we made an even trade!!!

That was a GOOD trade!!

Now I just need that Barrett...maybe he will find it along the road next :)

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #28  
A frame for a single-wide mobile home and everything that was inside it when it burned. Previous owners covered it with dirt from a cut in the hillside.
Two hundred feet of wellpipe laying in the trees.
Tons of scrap metal from a old truck shop.

All this was found on ten acres that everyone denied had ever had any structures on it.

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #29  
A frame for a single-wide mobile home and everything that was inside it when it burned. Previous owners covered it with dirt from a cut in the hillside.
Two hundred feet of wellpipe laying in the trees.
Tons of scrap metal from a old truck shop.

All this was found on ten acres that everyone denied had ever had any structures on it.

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #30  
An interesting find by one of my workers... headed out to a job site, found an ammo box laying along the road. Inside was 119 Lake City .50 cal BMG rounds.

He didn't want the ammo (fool), only the can. So I brought him in one that was in "perfect" shape and we made an even trade!!!

That was a GOOD trade!!

Now I just need that Barrett...maybe he will find it along the road next :)

Well lets seen now .50BMG are what about $4 to $5 each now?... Yeah, a pretty good trade!