Things I have learned.

/ Things I have learned. #11  
I don't care how careful you are you WILL get grease on yourself when you lube.
-Terry

/ Things I have learned. #12  
And.. If you are mowing with new FEL on your tractor for the first time remember that it sticks out further than you think. The bucket is very efficient at snapping a 4X4 support post in half on your shed quicker than you can wink. Of course this could never happen to a seasoned veteran operator like me. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Things I have learned. #13  
ADD THIS TO THE LIST. with hydro, don't get excited and press on the hydro pedal thinking it is the brake, don't ask how i know /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Things I have learned. #14  
3b Ther are at least 9 ways to reattach the 3PH. Only 1 is the right way. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Things I have learned. #15  
<font color="blue"> NEVER let your wife know how much fun you are having on your tractor, as long as she thinks you are actually doing work, it will remain YOUR tractor. </font>

/ Things I have learned. #16  
I bought my JD 4200 with the backhoe on it. I also got a "Box o' Parts" that was alleged to be my 3 pt. hitch arms (in pieces), all my clips, my drawbar and my top link. Never having seen the 3PH ON made assembling and installing it the first time was an interesting puzzle, to say the least.

Bottom line is it's on and working so I'm happy. I doubt I'll ever break it down quite so far as it was when I got it, though. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Things I have learned. #17  
I thought I was supposed to have all of those left over parts /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Dave

/ Things I have learned. #18  
If you have to change a tire/wheel in the field, don't do it with your dad. When you wake up after the lug wrench kicked back and knocked you out cold, you'll only wake up to him complaining about how things aren't getting done. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Things I have learned. #19  
Well, almost complete. Add:
1. when engaging the pto (on most tractors) for a brush cutter or similar, push in the clutch first (if you have one), then engage the pto, and finally let the clutch out slowly while the pto shaft starts to rotate and picks up the load of whatever is attached (me, the first time I just popped the pto lever, and the engine darn near stalled as it tried to start rotation of the blades on a heavy duty brush cutter).
2. when your temperature gauge starts to creep above the normal operating level, clean the screen in front of the radiator (it's usually clogged with stuff)
3. when anything goes wrong, push in the clutch or otherwise disengage the engine - brakes on most tractors will not be able to stop them against the engine torque
4. put a can of mosquito repellant and a pair of gloves in the tool box on your tractor
5. and, per prior posts, do NOT let your wife realize how much fun you're having - complain a bit after each tractor session

/ Things I have learned. #20  
Add wasp spray with the mosquito repelant.