Things I have learned.

/ Things I have learned. #21  
Figure out where to put a tool box on a Kubota BX22!

/ Things I have learned. #22  
If you hook a load to your FEL via chain, hook it evenly to each side of the bucket.

PLUS if you are backing up with the chained load use only 2WD and disengage any differential lock. That way, if you start to tip, the instant the high side rear wheel comes off the ground, your progress will STOP. If you have diff lock on and/or 4WD engaged, the tractor will continue to move AND TIP. Ask me how I know this, DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay safe......

Ron

/ Things I have learned. #23  
#10) If your tractor won't fit in the barn with the ROPS up, make sure you always fold the ROPS before entering the barn. Also, make sure your enter the barn very slowly for those cases when you forget to fold the ROPs. Trust me, you'll only forget ONCE!

/ Things I have learned. #24  
lost hitch pins can be found with a mower with new blades , pin is reusable. blade may or may not be depending on your skill with a grinder and hammer

/ Things I have learned. #25  
As you can see from the responses these things happen to us all.

Just today I was cusing about #1. Hitch pin fell out of the jack stand on my disc mower while cutting. This is the little pin the holds up and out of the way the arm that supports the mower when its off the tractor. Luckly it did not break anything.

But that brings up #2. I have a collection of pins but you guessed it this one is a different size than most of the others I normally need and so I had to spend 30 min. searching for the right pin. Any other pin and I would have had three spare right there in the tractor tool box.......... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I will be buying a couple of spares of this one tomorrow. Not worth 30 min of down time for a #$% ~$1 pin.

Fred

/ Things I have learned. #26  
Twice and still learning. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Things I have learned. #27  
The price of the tractor is only half the cost of tractor. Every time I go to do a project it is "If I had a (fill in the blank attachment), I could do it so much easier and faster." Not that I have any attachments other than the KK bushhog, but that is my lesson. I'm trying to talk her in to letting me get a BB, rear blade, tiller, post hole digger.........see what I mean? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Things I have learned. #28  
Jim,
If you ever need to borrow the above items for a project, let me know. The tiller I have may be too small to cover your tracks though.

Jerry

/ Things I have learned. #29  
OK, thanks for the offer Jerry. Might have to take you up on it sometime. Espcially with the pole barn project. I'd certainly appreciate it.