Things I have learned.

/ Things I have learned. #1  

Big_A

Tractor
Kubota L4300 DX
Hello All,

Being a newbie to this forum and to the wonderful world of new tractors, I thought I would share with y'all some of the few things I have learned in the last couple of weeks of tractor ownership that might help those that are going to be proud owners of their own machines someday.

#1) Anything that is loose on the tractor or implement (bolts, nuts, etc) will fall off and you won't be able to find it.

#2) You will lose hitch pins and linch pins, buy extra.

#3) If the implement came attached to your tractor and you take it off, you will forget how it goes back on.

#4) If the tractor doesn't go forward and the engine loads up, check the brake.

#5) If you have never driven a tractor with ROPS, watch out for trees, overhangs etc 'cause you will hit them.

#6) If the rotary mower is wider than your back tires, give yourself extra room as not to "snag" the cutter.

#7) For gear transmisson, ease the clutch off 'cause you probably ain't in the gear you think you are.

These are but a few, if any of you vetrans can think of any more, please feel free to add them before I find out the hard way! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Things I have learned. #2  
Sounds like someone has been following me around taking notes /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. I want too add just this one: <ul type="square"> If tractor begins to sputter, loses power, and then the engine quits, don't start cursing the dealer. Add some fuel to the tank first /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. [/list]

/ Things I have learned. #4  
You're a quick learner. I especially like numbers 1 & 4. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Things I have learned. #5  
I think he's followed a lot of us around..... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Learn by experience (other's).

/ Things I have learned. #6  
#5 - first day! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif LOL

/ Things I have learned. #7  
#4b. If the tractor doesn't go forward and the engine loads up, check to be sure the implement is raised and not hung on something.

/ Things I have learned. #8  
If you've got a diesel, don't let the fuel guage get below 1/4 tank. If the guage is wrong and you run out of fuel, you have quite an experience in front of you to restart. BobG in VA
(this happened to me in '68 with a 671 GM diesel. Took and hour to 'reload').

/ Things I have learned. #9  
How about one I learned not 15 minutes ago...if you're finish mowing and forget and drive over that low stump in the yard, the middle blade will come off!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Things I have learned. #10  
If you're cruising along and your tractor starts to overheat, then dies, make sure you didn't knock the drain valve open and lose all of your coolant /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif...