4X4 downhill traction issue

/ 4X4 downhill traction issue #141  
How did you tie in the brakes to activate them?
Is that steep enough that it stalled the hydro on that left hand side climb?
It looks like a fantastic job of fab work and really a great outcome. Congrats!

/ 4X4 downhill traction issue
How did you tie in the brakes to activate them?
Is that steep enough that it stalled the hydro on that left hand side climb?
It looks like a fantastic job of fab work and really a great outcome. Congrats!

Simple hand lever attached to the master cylinder lever.It's in one of the pics.

No,it didn't stall,I decided not to climb it.Front looked pretty light and I wasn't there for climbing,only there to test the brakes.

Thanks.

/ 4X4 downhill traction issue #143  
:cool2: Another successful TBN modification. Good to hear it does the job.

/ 4X4 downhill traction issue #144  
I recently picked up a Simplicity Prestige AWD tractor.It has turf tires on it now and climbs steep grades up to 30 deg even with open carrier differentials.But,downhill runs produce sliding and runaway conditions.I'm putting aggressive ATV type tires on it and debating whether adding fluid to the tires would help any on the downhill runs.Thoughts?

If you have AWD or 4WD, simply apply the front wheels, works for me everytime.

/ 4X4 downhill traction issue #146  
Great job locknut. Glad you found a fix.

/ 4X4 downhill traction issue #147  
Yes I read the thread, my point is when I apply 4WD the weight transfers to the front wheels and I don't have any issues. With all the weight already transferred to the front wheels I don't see how adding a few pounds to the front wheels will help. You can add 30 - 40 pounds of fluid, but the weight transfer is putting 100"s of pounds on the wheels already. Its your money.

/ 4X4 downhill traction issue #148  
Yes I read the thread, my point is when I apply 4WD the weight transfers to the front wheels and I don't have any issues. With all the weight already transferred to the front wheels I don't see how adding a few pounds to the front wheels will help. You can add 30 - 40 pounds of fluid, but the weight transfer is putting 100"s of pounds on the wheels already. Its your money.
Read it again. The OP owns a Simplicity, wit 'hydraulic' 4wd.

/ 4X4 downhill traction issue #149  

Most of the people who read the entire thread and followed the developments in it would recognize that if locknut's machines freewheels that is a different problem. He dealt with it by building up his own front brakes. Fifteen pages later you post the above quote and your response, seems a little out of sync.:confused3: