4X4 downhill traction issue

/ 4X4 downhill traction issue #21  
That sounds like fun.You go first! :laughing:

I would rather swap the wheels side-to-side than back down.I like to see where I'm going.
A strategically placed ratchet strap, hooked to the chin.........could potentially turn your neck to an 'owl like position' and make it all possible.......:laughing:

But I have to admit............I got squeamish just looking at the pic of the front of your tractor from 'down under'.

Let us know what you come up with.

/ 4X4 downhill traction issue
A strategically placed ratchet strap, hooked to the chin.........could potentially turn your neck to an 'owl like position' and make it all possible.......:laughing:

But I have to admit............I got squeamish just looking at the pic of the front of your tractor from 'down under'.

Let us know what you come up with.

Or,I could steer with one hand and hold a make up mirror with the other hand :laughing:

Here's another sitting on the launch pad;

/ 4X4 downhill traction issue #23  
I can't imagine why they designed this tractor without one.If it did,there would be no sliding issue.I've been using a Kubota GR with the locking rear and it sticks like glue to this hill,even after a heavy rain,very soft ground and 8-inch tall grass that's sopping wet.But,this tractor has a very weak hydro and climbs 8-10 ft and gives up,and that's when the fluid is cool.Worse as it warms up.The Prestige just claws and digs its way to the top like a wild animal.

There's your answer--mow up with the Prestige and down with the Kubota GR. Problem solved. :laughing:

I have no useful advice, I don't have any hills like that to mow.

There's your answer--mow up with the Prestige and down with the Kubota GR. Problem solved. :laughing:

I have no useful advice, I don't have any hills like that to mow.

Or,trade 'em in on an X-7xx Deere with a K92 hydro w/locker.........no,wait......shame on me :banghead:

/ 4X4 downhill traction issue #25  
I would rather swap the wheels side-to-side than back down.I like to see where I'm going.

It doesn't matter; I'm pretty sure turfs aren't directional.

PS: your traction problems? Turf tires. :confused3:

/ 4X4 downhill traction issue #26  
I go up and down some steep hills on my x749 and never use the differential lock. I think the hdap tires are very helpful in maintaining traction so changing out your turfs should help alot. On your Simplicity do you have mfwd or hydraulic? I ask because I went to the Simplicity site and the spec sheet didn't have much info.

It doesn't matter; I'm pretty sure turfs aren't directional.

PS: your traction problems? Turf tires. :confused3:

That comment was referenced to the tires I have coming for the Prestige.They are directional.Yes,the turfs are mostly useless on slopes.

I go up and down some steep hills on my x749 and never use the differential lock. I think the hdap tires are very helpful in maintaining traction so changing out your turfs should help alot. On your Simplicity do you have mfwd or hydraulic? I ask because I went to the Simplicity site and the spec sheet didn't have much info.

It's hydraulic driven and I'd like to know more about the inner workings of it.Actually,I'd like to know more about the whole tractor.The owners manual is mostly full of safety warnings and the troubleshooting guide says to see your dealer for almost every problem.Much different than my other 40yr old simplicity which has a lot of info on servicing and adjustment procedures for everything.

/ 4X4 downhill traction issue #29  
I would try some R4's.
I mow some hills that are steep with the BX. I have R4's and the rears are loaded. I can go all the way down to the driveway and back up or I can go drive straight up. It never slips a tire in 4WD, no diff lock.

/ 4X4 downhill traction issue #30  
I'd skip changing to a more aggressive tire and go with adding weight to the tires. Wheel weights may also be an option.