Got a new(to me) case 580CK Case, old with potential.

/ Got a new(to me) case 580CK Case, old with potential. #1  

andrec999

Silver Member
Tractor
john deere 2030, Case 580CK backhoe
Bought a few weeks ago an old 1971 Case backhoe. It was very dirty and broken window, wires for lights all cut or disconnected. Started by cleaning it and removed the broken window , will bring it to an autoglass shop this week for replacement. Some old hoses, but all seem good.
Next is to repair all the light wiring and cleaning the motor. Will check all the fuid and replace if needed.
It was in operation, just a couple of months ago. I have used the digger for a couple of hours and everything worked well until a leak occurred in the hydrolic of the backhoe. Just a weld needed, nothing major.
Paid 2500. $, so I cant go wrong. Well I think so.Lol

Attachments

• Sample01.jpg
    Sample01.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 610
  • Sample01.jpg
    Sample01.jpg
    788.6 KB · Views: 470
  • Sample01.jpg
    Sample01.jpg
    776.8 KB · Views: 708
   / Got a new(to me) case 580CK Case, old with potential. #2  
If you can keep her running that is a great bargain. Looks good too!

/ Got a new(to me) case 580CK Case, old with potential. #3  
good buy ,I used to have one and they are very tough and handy to have around. Keep her running.

/ Got a new(to me) case 580CK Case, old with potential. #4  
Great machine at an even better price! Even if you have to work on it a little, you still got a great deal.

/ Got a new(to me) case 580CK Case, old with potential. #5  
Looks like a good buy. You can trade a little work for the savings, hope it works out for you.

/ Got a new(to me) case 580CK Case, old with potential.
Sample01.jpg

Thank you guys for your comments, I cant wait to get it dirty, after I get the hydrolic pipe welded.
It was very dirty and rusted when I got her.
Here a pic before the paint.

/ Got a new(to me) case 580CK Case, old with potential. #7  
Did you do the paint job yourself or have it hired out?
I am fixing up my dad's old International Harvester 3616 backhoe and it needs a paint job...
How much paint and prep did it take?

/ Got a new(to me) case 580CK Case, old with potential. #8  
imo you got a good deal looks like some tlc will have it gtg.

/ Got a new(to me) case 580CK Case, old with potential.
Painted it myself with a mix of spray cans and a good brush for around the windows where I did not want any paint on the black rubber around them. Alot of cleaning before, as there was a lot of old grease accumulated, removed
all the rust with a grinder and steel wheel. I had to throw out a couple of pairs of jeans and tee-shirts, as the wife did not want them in the washer.lol