My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #11  
I'm wondering if that tractor hasn't been in a flooded area somewhere? My guess is that it's in for a very bad future. "That's all we'll do" just isn't nearly enough!

I was thinking flooded with salt water or trailered many miles behind a state truck spreading salt on Winter roads.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #12  
Most of those pics are of the cast aluminum piece behind the mesh in the operators station. Yep its oxidized. Is it something to worry about? not really IMHO. It wont cause any structural issues and it is hidden from view.

Kubota's paint is crappy in general. My tractor came with paint that is coming off in sheets! Mostly the problem is with any parts painted gray. Poor surface prep is the root cause IMHO. Kubota wont do anything about it. Mine was like that from new.

Look at your ROPS. How does it look? Any rust? Mine has it. The fore-aft links under the operators station for the loaders are all peeling. It doesnt affect operation in any way, but it is ugly. Some day when I get motivated Ill address it, likely have to remove and sand blast. Then paint. And not with Kubota paint, its pure OVERPRICED crap IMHO. I bought my last spray bomb and from now on will go with mixed automotive enamel paint.

Some pics of my Kubota. Bad factory paint is a bit of a systemic problem for them

IMG_4344.jpg

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #13  
How old is this tractor? Pull the battery out and see if you can find a date on it.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #14  
If it looks like that after 2 weeks what the heck is it gonna look like after 2 years? I agree, I'd take it up the food chain as far as it goes. If you bought it used then its on you but you bought "new" tractor. Good luck and keep us posted/updated of the out come.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #15  
That's crazy. Seeing corrosion like that. Got to even wonder why a dealer would let that leave the dealership like that. That tractor got a story to tell for sure. I'd be very disappointed in Kubota Canada if they didn't do the right thing here. Repair or preferably replace the machine.

If you want to get their attention just head over to Facebook and go to Kubota Canada's Facebook page bad upload the photos there. Yup. That will do it. Now don't be disappointed if you don't get a reply on Facebook. It seems that Kubota Canada is much more interested in the CFL these days than they are in tractors according to what I've seen on their Facebook page.
Like dad used to say " The squeaky wheel always gets the grease ". Keep after them. That's just not right.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #16  
Well here my ordeal with our new 2 week old tractor starts . I called Kubota Canada, was told to bring her in, dealer spend a bit of time with a wire wheel and some spray oil and said thats all we'll do.The frame is so soft you can scratch it with your nails even.the seat was stuck solid even, two of the the hydraulic couplers were stuck, muffler looked a few yrs old already.

I've seen several tractors sold as "new" that have been sitting outside for a year or two.....but none looked that bad. I would un-own that thing in the quickest means possible.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #17  
It's hard to believe that a dealer would think it was ok to deliver the tractor to you in that condition! I bought my BX 25 a year ago. When I first started looking at them they were sitting outside in the rain and snow. There were a number of rust spots where it was painted gray. I insisted on one that hadn't been sitting outside and had to wait to get it. I store mine inside, but it has some similar rust spots now. I agree, the gray paint is of poor quality. The orange is great.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #18  
Ill say it one more time...

That corrosion on what seems to be cast aluminum is OK. You might not like the idea it came that way but it is expected.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #19  
There has to be more to this story....has to be.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #20  
It doesn't take much salt spray to make something in good shape look like effluent pretty quick. I moved up here into northern Michigan in the dead of winter, and anything that was not completly tarped that got a little salt on it... had to be sandblasted and repainted [ table saw legs, wood splitter wheel, drill press, etc. ]. If you can get the salt rinsed off quick it is no problem... but if you allow it do stay damp with the salt on it for a period of time, it will mess any small defect in the paint real quick. I expect some of these tractors might have been set out in front of stores near a well traveled salted highway, or shipped on open trailers in the winter. There was a fellow on the Mahindra forum that bought a tractor sight on-seen and ended up the same way....