My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #21  
I think these tractors come in a crate that is covered in plastic. I saw a load of bx's on a open trailer one day.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #22  
I expect some of these tractors might have been set out in front of stores near a well traveled salted highway, or shipped on open trailers in the winter. There was a fellow on the Mahindra forum that bought a tractor sight on-seen and ended up the same way....

That's one of the reasons I was pleased to learn that LS ships their tractors in enclosed trailers....mine was delivered in January :eek:

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #23  
Well here my ordeal with our new 2 week old tractor starts . I called Kubota Canada, was told to bring her in, dealer spend a bit of time with a wire wheel and some spray oil and said thats all we'll do.The frame is so soft you can scratch it with your nails even.the seat was stuck solid even, two of the the hydraulic couplers were stuck, muffler looked a few yrs old already.

ImageShackï½® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

You advised you called Kubota Canada so I am assuming you live in Canada. Does the area you live have consumer protection? If so, I would contact them and seek their assistance in investigating your being sold a "Flood Damaged" Tractor as a new unit by Kubota. I would also send Kubota Canada copies of the photos you posted and advise them that you have requested an investigation by Canadian Authorities into your being sold a "Flood Damaged" Tractor as a "New" unit by Kubota.

A lot of the "Sandy" flood damaged vehicles, cars, trucks and tractors are starting to enter the sales pipe line. From the photos you posted I am sorry to say sure looks like one.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #24  
It's salt damage from transport, or from sitting beside a roadway in the winter. I would not accept that machine.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #25  
Lots of unanswered questions here. We need to hear from the OP.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #26  
I agree- we need more from the OP. I looked back and this was the individual asking about a 'Kubota Truckload sale' a few weeks ago ... I wonder if the 2 posts are related somehow?

Frank

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #27  
Maybe a truckload of rusty Kubota's from hurricane sandy?

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #28  
I guess we know why the machine was on sale.

In Ontario you have a 10 day contract cancellation law. You have to inform them in writing. Get on it.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #29  
To me, that's also 2 strikes with the dealer. One, to sell the tractor like that....UNLESS there was a serious discount. And full disclosure why it looked like that. Second strike was to wirewheel some metal, and spray oil on it?? Really??
As others have said, there much more to the story here than we know. Need more info from the OP.
And to say that's acceptable....? I think not. It's got issues now as a new machine, think of what will happen at time goes on.....and when the warranty ends...

Unless the OP knew about the corrosion and the purchase price was signifigantly reduced, I would get rid of that thing ASAP.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #30  
In my opinion, this corrosion everywhere is not just the result of salt spray, because so many areas are corroded that would be under cover. I believe the tractor was under water. And maybe storm surge salt water. I can't imagine the electrical problems that will be developing soon. Yeah, time to unload that one if at all possible.

James K0UA