My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #31  
That tractor wasnt under water.

It was probably sitting over the winter, possibly on a salted lot or near a salted road. Rust on the muffler, with its thin paint is to be expected. The aluminum on mine isnt as severely oxidized, but it is oxidized. Salt would speed this up.

If anything, the majority of his paint looks BETTER than mine did at delivery!:eek:

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #32  
It sure looks like salt damage to me. I worked on salt spreaders for years and lived within a quarter mile of Long Island Sound so I am very familiar with salt damage. It could have been parked next to a salt storage pile. I have seen where just being parked next to a salt pile will cause that much damage in a very short time. It will only get worse. I don't know how your tractor was shipped but a leaking container on a transport ship can result in a lot of salt water damage.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics
When we got it, the grill was installed , and it about to be loaded up on a trailer to take home.by the time we saw it at home the next day, I almost passed out when I saw the battery tray.I called Kubota Canada,right away,and had it taken back this week. Kubota rep confirmed it wasnt a flood victim. but said get it back there,
When I sat on the seat, the adjustment was stuck as well..
Some PDI the guy did
kubotacorrosion012.jpg

kubotacorrosion013.jpg

kubotacorrosion015.jpg

kubotacorrosion014.jpg

kubotacorrosion021.jpg

kubotacorrosion020.jpg

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #34  
I do not think Kubota is being honest. I also don't think anyone who purchases a new tractor should have to accept such. There is no way the kind of damage being shown in the photos you have posted could have in my opinion occurred by a tractor setting outside. The tractor had to be under water for the damage and corrosion shown to have occurred. Ford 8N's that have been setting outside for 40 or more years don't have that much rust and corrosion. Look at the pitting on the aluminum parts. Look at the rust on the engine parts that the hood covers. Gentleman the unit had to be under salt water for all that to have occurred.

I think the poster has been sold a very damaged tractor by Kubota under the label of "New".

I am not asking for personal information to be posted, but if you financed the unit send them copies of the photos and tell them you believe Kubota has sold you a Tractor that was damage by water.

I have removed ten-fifteen year old starters in salvage yards that did not have that kind of pitting and corrosion.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #35  
I would make them give me another tractor. Can you imagine what it will look like in 5 years and the problems the rust will cause you?

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #36  
No way I would accept that as new.
New is new, that looks like a neglected used unit.
Can you imagine the electrical problems down the road.
Don't take no for an answer

The motor definitely looks like it was sprayed with salt water then covered up and left to sit.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #37  
Just thinking of all the gremlins slinking around those electronics, Oh Boys!

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #38  
It looks like it has been on the dealer's lot for a few years to me. Maybe on a cement pad. People down south don't understand that the changes in temps we see up north and the humidity levels can leave lots of moisture on metal. Just pop the hood on your car, after 3 years in the north the aluminum is pitting and white corrosion powder is forming. It happens to pretty much everything that stays outdoors or in unheated garages. Motorcycles, tractors, you name it so it's not a salt issue.

I wouldn't worry about the electrical system, the connectors are waterproof. I would want a discount on the tractor or a different tractor though. You paid for new and it would be nice to have a new tractor for a year or two before it started looking like that.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #39  
I wonder if it sat in a the plastic covered crated for a long time. It may have had a greenhouse effect on it.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #40  
Or the container fell off a ship and it floated around for a while before being salvaged......