My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #41  
Most of those pics are of the cast aluminum piece behind the mesh in the operators station. Yep its oxidized. Is it something to worry about? not really IMHO. It wont cause any structural issues and it is hidden from view.

Kubota's paint is crappy in general. My tractor came with paint that is coming off in sheets! Mostly the problem is with any parts painted gray. Poor surface prep is the root cause IMHO. Kubota wont do anything about it. Mine was like that from new.

Look at your ROPS. How does it look? Any rust? Mine has it. The fore-aft links under the operators station for the loaders are all peeling. It doesnt affect operation in any way, but it is ugly. Some day when I get motivated Ill address it, likely have to remove and sand blast. Then paint. And not with Kubota paint, its pure OVERPRICED crap IMHO. I bought my last spray bomb and from now on will go with mixed automotive enamel paint.

Some pics of my Kubota. Bad factory paint is a bit of a systemic problem for them

IMG_4344.jpg

WOW !!My 2008 Kioti DK40se paint is just fine.Not kubota bashing here as I had(and sold) a 2008 Kubota ZTR 326 pro model and still have a 2006 kubota RTV 900.coobie

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #42  
I wonder if it sat in a the plastic covered crated for a long time. It may have had a greenhouse effect on it.

I got my BX2360 in Aus and it was wrapped in plastic on a wooden frame/crate with the wheels off when delivered to the dealer. It would be good to see some exterior pics of the overall condition of the paint, plastic and tires. I am curious about the build date as BULLIT mentioned previously, and how long this thing has sat around. I would think that a BX is something that sells quickly.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #43  
That looks like salt to me as well. My tractor was delivered to me on a flatbed on a snowy day and had some very minor version of that on a few exposed parts because I didn't wash it off for a bit. I'm surprised at all the paint comments, I've been pretty happy with mine and haven't seen anything like the ROPS pictures or some of the others... but maybe it'll show some of that in a few more years. Either way I'd be pretty unhappy with that example as a 'new' tractor, probably stored on the lot near a salted road, or delivered at some point in an open trailer and never washed off. Probably doesn't effect operations though.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #44  
Still trying to figure out how someone buys a brand new tractor and fails to notice such severe damage at the dealers or upon delivery. What's "the rest of the story"?

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #45  
Both tractor's pics show me p*6S poor paint prep on the frame rails, ROPS, etc.
Japan is an island, right? Seems to get product to USA would entail shipping the tractor across a LARGE body of salt water, where salt spray, and a salt infested air environment could would lead to salt corrosion/oxidation. If stored in a box inside a bag is the standard transport method, then it is possible the tractor was exposed to salt spray or a storm in which salt water was present in the air. Regardless of how it got there there is now massive corrosion at work which won't stop at a protective layer, self sacrificing the outer layer and not allowing deeper layers to corrode. I've never heard anything so absurd in my entire life. :duh:
It was not likely under water, salt or otherwise, but it is a 'lemon' for all intents and purposes. Sealed electrical connectors are fine- BUT the metal they need to ground to is not going to be there in short order.
I'd be inclined to return it to selling dealer with the keys and ask for a full refund or exchange for a different tractor. Otherwise contact equivalent of BBB, Attorney General for province of jurisdiction, etc.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #46  
You advised you called Kubota Canada so I am assuming you live in Canada. Does the area you live have consumer protection? If so, I would contact them and seek their assistance in investigating your being sold a "Flood Damaged" Tractor as a new unit by Kubota. I would also send Kubota Canada copies of the photos you posted and advise them that you have requested an investigation by Canadian Authorities into your being sold a "Flood Damaged" Tractor as a "New" unit by Kubota.

A lot of the "Sandy" flood damaged vehicles, cars, trucks and tractors are starting to enter the sales pipe line. From the photos you posted I am sorry to say sure looks like one.
I would say the same.. Regardless of where it got damaged, it IS flood damaged.

Dont buy a used car or RV now either ;)

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #47  
I do not think Kubota is being honest. I also don't think anyone who purchases a new tractor should have to accept such. There is no way the kind of damage being shown in the photos you have posted could have in my opinion occurred by a tractor setting outside. The tractor had to be under water for the damage and corrosion shown to have occurred. Ford 8N's that have been setting outside for 40 or more years don't have that much rust and corrosion. Look at the pitting on the aluminum parts. Look at the rust on the engine parts that the hood covers. Gentleman the unit had to be under salt water for all that to have occurred.

I think the poster has been sold a very damaged tractor by Kubota under the label of "New".

I am not asking for personal information to be posted, but if you financed the unit send them copies of the photos and tell them you believe Kubota has sold you a Tractor that was damage by water.

I have removed ten-fifteen year old starters in salvage yards that did not have that kind of pitting and corrosion.

Agree.. I have seen a LOT of RVs sold as 'new' that where flood damaged.. Looks just like this.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #48  
It looks like it has been on the dealer's lot for a few years to me. Maybe on a cement pad. People down south don't understand that the changes in temps we see up north and the humidity levels can leave lots of moisture on metal. Just pop the hood on your car, after 3 years in the north the aluminum is pitting and white corrosion powder is forming. It happens to pretty much everything that stays outdoors or in unheated garages. Motorcycles, tractors, you name it so it's not a salt issue.

I wouldn't worry about the electrical system, the connectors are waterproof. I would want a discount on the tractor or a different tractor though. You paid for new and it would be nice to have a new tractor for a year or two before it started looking like that.
Have a 17 y/o Audi that sits outside that looks TONs better than that... Shoot, my '85 Ram 250 looks about the same..

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #49  
Sounds like a great sales pitch. :laughing: "Sir, that there is protective corrosion...and we don't even charge you any extra for it!"

Depends on the metal. If it's aluminum, that's no bogus sales pitch, that's a fact. Protective corrosion is the layer of oxide you get on aluminum. It prevents further oxidation of the metal. Iron oxide (AKA Rust) on the other hand, continues to corrode the metal and does NOT form a protective barrier.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #50  
No matter how well built or the quality of the finish put in to the tractor by the manufacturer if it isn't prepped properly for overseas shipping by the shipping folks for shipment in an overseas container it's not going to be very pretty when it gets to the destination.