My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #51  
Both tractor's pics show me p*6S poor paint prep on the frame rails, ROPS, etc.
Japan is an island, right? Seems to get product to USA would entail shipping the tractor across a LARGE body of salt water, where salt spray, and a salt infested air environment could would lead to salt corrosion/oxidation. If stored in a box inside a bag is the standard transport method, then it is possible the tractor was exposed to salt spray or a storm in which salt water was present in the air. Regardless of how it got there there is now massive corrosion at work which won't stop at a protective layer, self sacrificing the outer layer and not allowing deeper layers to corrode. I've never heard anything so absurd in my entire life. :duh:
It was not likely under water, salt or otherwise, but it is a 'lemon' for all intents and purposes. Sealed electrical connectors are fine- BUT the metal they need to ground to is not going to be there in short order.
I'd be inclined to return it to selling dealer with the keys and ask for a full refund or exchange for a different tractor. Otherwise contact equivalent of BBB, Attorney General for province of jurisdiction, etc.

The BX is assembled in the US.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #52  
The BX is assembled in the US.

I bet the parts on my tractor that have "good" paint are out of Japan though. Main orange sheet metal, engine and frame. I bet the parts with the bad gray paint, the ROPS, the loader brackets (front to rear connectors), seat etc. are made in the USA. Probably by a sub contractor. Just a hunch. The quality of the paint and overall fit and finish is very different between various parts on the same tractor.

Id love to hear from somebody in the know if that is the case. I think the tractors are shipped over without wheels, loaders, seats or ROPS and assembled in the US.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #53  
I bet the parts on my tractor that have "good" paint are out of Japan though. Main orange sheet metal, engine and frame. I bet the parts with the bad gray paint, the ROPS, the loader brackets (front to rear connectors), seat etc. are made in the USA. Probably by a sub contractor. Just a hunch. The quality of the paint and overall fit and finish is very different between various parts on the same tractor.

Id love to hear from somebody in the know if that is the case. I think the tractors are shipped over without wheels, loaders, seats or ROPS and assembled in the US.

Your pictures look like a very poor powder coat. Cub Cadet had the same problem. it would flake off of the floor.

I always thought they shipped of the engine and hydro over from Japan and everything was assembled here.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #54  
I'm not sure what the paint process is in Japan, but at KMA its a modern powder system that's only a few years old. Every factory tour I've ever been on seems to use what looks like the same powder setup.

We do see paint quality problems on the rims which are sub'ed out. I think the ROPS are also sub'ed.. but I can't say I ever saw a paint problem with them.

I have heard multiple vendors complain about modern paint systems and the impact the EPA has had on them being able to deliver what they would like.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #55  

The BX is different from the other Kubota series with more domestic manufactured content. I think only the engine and drivetrain comes from Japan and the rest is US manufactured and then the whole thing is assembled in Georgia. With larger tractors, they are mostly manufactured in Japan and shipped here for assembly as you described.

I've looked at a lot of Kubotas on dealer lots over the years (other brands too) and never saw anything even close to what the OP is showing in those close-up photos. But with all the corrosion shown in those detail shots, it still seems kind of hard to miss that something was wrong with that tractor before it was purchased and delivered. Would love to see some photos of the whole tractor.

I'd agree your photos show some sketchy paintwork and prep, but the OP's unit goes way beyond that.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #56  
I believe the tractors assembled in USA have locally sourced sheet metal and weldments. In general USA built product does not have the paint quality of overseas products, partly because of customer demand (for instance Japanese and Europeans are much more sensitive about surface finish than Americans) but also to protect ocean transport. Then I saw the engine rust and that is totally out of line. The engines are sourced from Japan, shipped to America in containers, and the rust is inexcusable.

I have 2 Kubota tractors. The paint on the Japanese sourced tractors is very good but the Georgia sourced loaders is nothing to brag about.

Everyone who finds paint defects needs to complain. I was once the referee in a battle between the countries when I was manager at a plant in Europe. When the Japanese started getting product from an American plant that was not used to foreign customer demands, the Japanese cried foul. The Americans said they didn't see any problem - customers realize they are work tools that are going to get dinged on the first y on the job. The Japanese got me involved because my home was the American plant but I had lived with overseas customers for years. End result - we had to repaint about a dozen machines to satisfy the customers, and then the US plant changed paint procedure "only for export" because American's don't demand the high quality and it costs more. Americans should not have to put up with it but its the result of customer input.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #57  
I think the paint is good on my BX.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #58  
a lot of the issue is simple dealer storage. Most dealers (us included) don't have the space to store all their inventory inside. The poster here is from Canada... no doubt that tractor had salt spray on it and sat outside for months before being sold. The dealer should have more pride in their business than to send out a tractor looking like that.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #59  
I would say the same.. Regardless of where it got damaged, it IS flood damaged.

Dont buy a used car or RV now either ;)

Maybe Messicks can answer this better but I don't think a dealer can legally sell a flood damaged tractor as new. Maybe Canada is different. On top of that I think their insurance would cover damage by flood. I don't know all the finances of tractor dealerships but unless the dealer pays for them up front it's up to the financing company or if they are still owned by the MFG to dictate to have them covered by insurance. I'm 100% positive that Kubota corp wouldn't sell a tractor as new that was flooded. I doubt that they would even allow it to be sold period. Now there could be dealers out there looking to make a quick buck trying to pass off a "sinker" as new but I bet if they got caught Kubota (and every other mfg) would pull their dealership license asap.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #60  
One more time..
Seems like what is corroded are the aluminum parts. They are supposed to oxidize. I don't see the problem here.

I'm not seeing rusted or pitted sheet metal