Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 & BX2230, Farmall Super M, Super A

Default Re: My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics

Quote Originally Posted by sailfast View Post
    One more time..
    Seems like what is corroded are the aluminum parts. They are supposed to oxidize. I don't see the problem here.

I'm not seeing rusted or pitted sheet metal
    Suggest having another look. Are 'ya thinkin' those rusted hose clamps, engine block, exhaust manifold, muffler and tie rod ends are aluminum?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3400, Gizmow ZTR, Simplicity 7116H

Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    Maybe Messicks can answer this better but I don't think a dealer can legally sell a flood damaged tractor as new. Maybe Canada is different. On top of that I think their insurance would cover damage by flood. I don't know all the finances of tractor dealerships but unless the dealer pays for them up front it's up to the financing company or if they are still owned by the MFG to dictate to have them covered by insurance. I'm 100% positive that kubota corp wouldn't sell a tractor as new that was flooded. I doubt that they would even allow it to be sold period. Now there could be dealers out there looking to make a quick buck trying to pass off a "sinker" as new but I bet if they got caught Kubota (and every other mfg) would pull their dealership license asap.
    Oh I agree thats it illegal to do, but, it happens ALL the time. Damaged inventory is shipped across country, or in this case, a new country, and sold. Remember Toyota's damaged shipping containers a few years back? ALL the cars were systematically destroyed just to prevent something like this from happening. Not every company is that careful of their reputation. A simple goole of 'flood damaged vehicle sale' will be an eye opener.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 5055, Mahindra 315, JD 2040

Quote Originally Posted by Grandad4 View Post
    Suggest having another look. Are 'ya thinkin' those rusted hose clamps, engine block, exhaust manifold, muffler and tie rod ends are aluminum?
    No... But I'm confused...
    What are you talking about.

Is that your list of things that one would EXPECT to be rusty on a tractor?

Because I would expect that every one of those parts to have some rust on them on anything except a tractor straight out of the factory (never been started) based upon the materials they are made from and intended use.

Perhaps the tractor was loaned out before you got it.

If you are that concerned by the minor, expected rust I suggest you return it immediately and start looking at John deere tractors,

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Because I would expect that every one of those parts to have some rust on them on anything except a tractor straight out of the factory (never been started) based upon the materials they are made from and intended use.
    If you are that concerned by the minor, expected rust I suggest you return it immediately and start looking at John Deere tractors,
    I think he is talking about the post I quoted below which shows rust in those areas...
    Quote Originally Posted by lamanated View Post
    When we got it, the grill was installed , and it about to be loaded up on a trailer to take home.by the time we saw it at home the next day, I almost passed out when I saw the battery tray.I called kubota Canada,right away,and had it taken back this week. Kubota rep confirmed it wasnt a flood victim. but said get it back there,
    When I sat on the seat, the adjustment was stuck as well..
    Some PDI the guy did

Our 2003 B7500 has less rust than that at 700+ hours and 10 years old.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

If you are that concerned by the minor, expected rust I suggest you return it immediately and start looking at John deere tractors,
    My BX is almost a year old. It still looks as good as new.
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Thanks for reposting the pictures Aczlan, It's clear to anyone that knows the least bit about metal and corrosion, to see that there is now doubt that tractor was submerged in salt water, or suffered from some type of chemical spill(like acid or something).

Just the hose clamps alone prove that point, not to mention the rusty cylinder head. Body parts could have been replaced easily by the dealer in an attempt to cover the damage.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Ford 8N, LS R4047H, Massey Ferguson 241, Hustler Sport ZTR

One more time..
    Seems like what is corroded are the aluminum parts. They are supposed to oxidize. I don't see the problem here.

I'm not seeing rusted or pitted sheet metal
    There are several pictures showing rust on the block/cylinder head, exhaust manifold, etc, etc, etc. The rust shown isn't the type that metal gets from simply being exposed to the elements....it looks more like acid, or salt corrosion. My 8N has spent most, if not all, of it's life outside, and it doesn't have anywhere near that amount of rust. In fact, the only thing that does is the exhaust manifold, and the muffler/tailpipe. Heck, I scrubbed the paint off the block to read the serial number a long time ago, and that spot still hasn't rusted!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, AC B, '39 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400

Wow that's jacked up. I bet the thing was either pulled behind a truck on a salty winter road (salt water spray) or exposed to ocean salt water or submerged in salt water.

I would demand a new tractor!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 & BX2230, Farmall Super M, Super A

There's got to be more to this story. Bought from a "truckload sale", corrosion all over the tractor, which the purchaser amazingly failed to notice before accepting delivery, no pictures of the entire tractor... just extreme closeups.

kubota Canada's limited warranty covers manufacturing defects... obviously all that corrosion wasn't a defect in manufacturing, and it expressly excludes:
    "2. Depreciation, damage, malfunction caused by
    normal wear, lack of reasonable and proper
    maintenance, improper servicing, failure to follow
    operating instructions, misuse, lack of proper
    protection during storage
    3. Depreciation or damage caused by accident...
    10. Damage resulting from a natural calamity beyond
    human control such as: fire, flood, etc."

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 455

Has the OP been back on here since he posted this ? There definitely has to be a lot more to the story of this tractor.
    It would be nice to get the whole story, before passing judgment. Maybe he bought it as is, for 75% off. Again, it would be nice to get the whole story, and see what he actually paid for it, and with what conditions. Until he responds with a lot more info, it,s hard to believe kubota would let that unit go out the door in that condition.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast