My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #1  

lamanated

Silver Member
Tractor
BX2360 JD 425 jd 455
Well here my ordeal with our new 2 week old tractor starts . I called Kubota Canada, was told to bring her in, dealer spend a bit of time with a wire wheel and some spray oil and said thats all we'll do.The frame is so soft you can scratch it with your nails even.the seat was stuck solid even, two of the the hydraulic couplers were stuck, muffler looked a few yrs old already.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/541/kubotacorrosion009.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/kubotacorrosion011.jpg/

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #2  
It appears to have a uniform layer of corrosion. How much time was on the tractor at delivery? Looks like salt corrosion to me. Where did the tractor spend its time prior delivery? It looks like it was parked next to the ocean.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #3  
Obviously it was in this condition when you first laid eyes on it, why did you buy it ?

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #4  
Did you see it before you bought it?
Did you pick it up, or did they deliver it. Where you there when they delivered it?
Let us know some details.
Thanks

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #5  
That's protective corrosion.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #7  
Some metals take on a protective layer of surface corrosion... It protects the metal under the corrosion which will not proceed any further.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #8  
Sounds like a great sales pitch. :laughing: "Sir, that there is protective corrosion...and we don't even charge you any extra for it!"

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #9  
I'm wondering if that tractor hasn't been in a flooded area somewhere? My guess is that it's in for a very bad future. "That's all we'll do" just isn't nearly enough!

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #10  
Well here my ordeal with our new 2 week old tractor. I called Kubota Canada, was told to bring her in, dealer spend a bit of time with a wire wheel and some spray oil and said thats all we'll do.the frame is so soft you can scratch it with your nails even.

Looks like it fell in the ocean. Escalate your complaint up the corporate ladder. You wanted a tractor and all you got was the shaft.