L4610HSTC A/C not cooling

/ L4610HSTC A/C not cooling #21  
nope u are right BIRD most car ac have the condenser mounted in front. won't say this is a 100% rule but has been awhile since i seen it other wise. a lot of manufactures cut down the size of the evaporator to save a few $$$$ and they work ok most of the time, but when it is really hot they just can't do the job properly, would assume the tractor manufactures do the same. one of my cars, the ac is right up to snuff but it don't cool worth a dang when it is really warm, now the buick on the other hand will freeze you eyeballs at any temp.

/ L4610HSTC A/C not cooling #22  
Is there any room to install an 12v electric fan.. like the ones on cars that kick on once the temp. reaches a certain point.. seems like it would be a cheap alternative.. if there's room.. they make them kinda flat to fit in.

/ L4610HSTC A/C not cooling
I went to the dealers yesterday to check on the tractor because they were starting some alteration and relocating the a/c condenser and trans cooler. I wanterd to see what they were doing and why. They told me the Kubota rep was the one that suggested the changes. He told them he had tried it on one other tractor and it fixed it. The a/c condenser was being moved maybe 1/2 to 1 inch colser to the main radiator and the trans cooler a little way away from main radiator.
So I got the Kubota rep name and number and called him. He said that it was simply putting more room between the battery and the a/c condenser to allow more air to pass through there. He really thinks that will fix the problem but if it didn't fix it he said he could put in an electric from some auto parts place that would draw more air through there.

/ L4610HSTC A/C not cooling #24  
Just my opinion, but I think it was stupid of tractor manufacturers to start putting the battery in front of the radiator anyway. Corrosive fumes eating up the radiator and blocking air flow.
Just my opinion though.

/ L4610HSTC A/C not cooling #25  
ROGER THAT! not necessary that it be functional, just that it fits where they have room for it and it looks nice /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ L4610HSTC A/C not cooling
I picked up my tractor today. You want believe it . I think they fixed it.

A little early to tell for sure. It took me until about 2:00pm to get back from the dealer and start mowing but that is still in the heat of the day. The thermometer on the front porch showed 94 in the shade at the time. Tractor temp gauge climbed to the 2\3s mark. If it started to climb past there I would stop clear the leafs, grass and etc covering the holes on the front of the grill. The temp gauge would immediately fall back to the 2\3s mark. A\C air remained cool. All this while mowing in mid range. In fact temp seamed to do better when not in low range. Only had to pull the debris screens twice in 4 hours of mowing. That is OK since most everything I mowed was as tall as the tracto in most places.

All this is to say that it could be fixed. Until now there was no way even in low range moving very slowly the temp gauge would have surely hit the red line and the a/c would have been blowing warm air.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifNeedless to say I am tickled pink!

More when I get a few minutes right now I got some sleep to get ready for what may be my first full day of nuttin but fun tractoring tommorow. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ L4610HSTC A/C not cooling #27  
That's good news,maybe you can give a detailed discription and maybe a pic. or two...I would be interested in this fix also...

/ L4610HSTC A/C not cooling #28  
I thought I would post an update on the air conditioning situation on the L series cab model Kubota's:

I returned the questionnaire that Kubota sent me, detailing my modifications to the cooling system as well as the added shrouding in front of the radiator.

I also made my dealer aware of what i had done.

Last week, I received a call from Kubota Tractor in Torrance California. I spent some time on the telephone with a design engineer, explaining what effect my modifications caused in improving the air conditioners ability to cool the cab.

The engineer told me that Kubota was experiencing trouble with the a.c. unit's ability to keep the cabin cool in hot weather conditions.

The engineer also told me that Kubota was moving the oil cooler farther toward the grille in an attempt to allow more cool air to flow through the a.c. evaporator or condenser or whatever.

The engineering department was very impressed with my modifications as well as the ball type shutoff valve in the hot water feed line.

As of that time, the American Engineering department was going to contact the parent factory in Japan to discuss my modifications and consider a similar factory modification or retrofit to eliminate the air conditioner problem.

/ L4610HSTC A/C not cooling #29  
Daryl, what are they going to pay you as the consulting engineer who solved this problem? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ L4610HSTC A/C not cooling #30  
A contractor here has a L4610HSTC that is not cooling well and it is spoiling sales for Kubota as they have not fixed the problem.
Ken