555 on slope

/ 555 on slope #1  

dginter

Tractor
05' Farmtrac 555 DTC
hi, i'm pretty new to farm tractors... I just got a Farmtrac 555DTC 4WD and I have 50 acres of what i'd call sloped terrain here in KY. I was wondering if anyone has used a 555 bush hogging on 20 degree slopes? maybe tipping point? I have managed to hog one field sideways (with FEL on) that was a pretty steady 15 degree slope, was a lil nervous but got it done. any info/help is appreciated, Thanks

/ 555 on slope #2  
Can't you mow up and down, or down and up? I, myself, never mow sideways on steep slopes. Just a thought. Or at least, try backing up the steep incline.

/ 555 on slope #3  
ROPS up.Loader off.Mow slow and know every inch of your terrain as best you can.Mow up and down the worst parts if need be.Loading the rear tires are an option,too.

/ 555 on slope
the ROPS is always up and wearing seat belt at all times, rear tires are loaded... (trying to stay safe as possible cause i respect the power and danger of operating the tractor, she's a powerful beast to me) thinking the loader could be an emergency brake if needed, i'll try taking it off and see how she feels. went out with a pitch and angle locator/indicator last night and its 15 deg's and dips to almost 20 deg's at the nervy parts...
i tried mowing down then reverse back up the hill. the field is pie shaped 600' long and 200' wide and humped in the middle with a big ol set of blackberry bushes right on the top going lengthwise, so it's pretty short run up and down. also when i get to the bottom i'm looking at a steep drop to a creek bed (kinda scary standing on the brakes looking at the creek bed and shifting to reverse). my tires are set at 5' center to center (6'-4" out to out), my ol buddy who's been on a tractor for bout 30 yrs or more says they're plenty wide (he's a lot more comfortable on a tractor than the rookie i am, to say the least) I may make them wider, guess that'd help with the pucker factor