Loader True Third Function- factory or do it myself

/ True Third Function- factory or do it myself #31  
A new handle on the joystick with a water proof momentary switch on it.

/ True Third Function- factory or do it myself #32  
A new handle on the joystick with a water proof momentary switch on it.

As I read thru the thread I saw the parts diagram he posted and it shows that. I should have read a little further on before posting questions.

/ True Third Function- factory or do it myself
All the ports on a subplate are capable of about 5000 psi.

You can insert the 3ed function valve anywhere after the FEL valve, but before the 3pt valve.

The 3ed function T port can go to tank if that is your only valve or last valve in the hyd circuit.

Any action you do with the 3ed function, will be reflected in the FEL valve relief.

You can also insert a relief valve anywhere in the hyd circuit for protection of a cyl or motor, etc..

JJ
To clarify....

"The 3ed function T port can go to tank if that is your only valve or last valve in the hyd circuit."

In my build the 3rd function would be before the three point connection.
So the "T" port from the third function sub plate would feed the three point valve???
Power beyond to the three point valve?

Thanks again for all of your patience answered everyone's questions. It's greatly appreciated!!!

I'm with the OP. For the money, I would just buy the OEM kit. The integration is PERFECT and hard lines are employed along the loader. For the same money as an aftermarket setup I just don't see any reason to go with the aftermarket setup.

That being said...one of these days I'm going to do my own from Surplus Center for ~1/2 price.

ac

I wish I could go that route but the factory kits are on a three week back order $900.00 installed.
I can do it myself for $370.00 in parts......granted that I have new leftover parts from other builds....bulkhead fittings, quick connects, SAE/ORB, JIC fittings, hose covering etc.

I'd very interested to know where you're finding all of the parts diagrams for this. I'm trying to figure out exactly how to do the same thing on my B3200 ( add a true third function, instead of just a diverter) - and as part of the investigation I'd like to see how it's done on the L4240

The B3200 should be fairly easy.
The L4240 hydraulic plumbing is similar to the B series.
For parts diagrams just go to the Kubota website and search parts diagrams.
Do you have a factory backhoe?

Where does the PB go on your tractor "normally"? On mine it would go either to the backhoe - or directly to the 3pt.

From your description it sounds like the solenoid valve might have been installed in the line that normally goes to the 3pt - so now when you want to use the 3rd function you're "diverting" the fluid that would be going there - to the 3rd function instead.

If so- it sounds like you've the same type of setup on your tractor I was thinking of installing on mine - if possible would you be able to get any info off of the valve that solenoid valve you're talking about?

The valve is at Surplus center

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-6136&catname=hydraulic

You also would need the sub plate for the valve and the wiring connectors

JJ
To clarify....

"The 3ed function T port can go to tank if that is your only valve or last valve in the hyd circuit."

In my build the 3rd function would be before the three point connection.
So the "T" port from the third function sub plate would feed the three point valve???
Power beyond to the three point valve?

Thanks again for all of your patience answered everyone's questions. It's greatly appreciated!!!

JJ
Here's a diagram of the sub plate.
I added the comment boxes indicating my understanding how the flow of the valve should be.
Is my interpretation correct????????

Thanks for all of your wonderful advice Sir.

Subplate v2.jpg

Well I finally got it all installed and it is a much cleaner installation than the factory setup.

I found some space underneath the seat for the solenoid valve.
Just needed to fabricate a mounting plate for the valve.
Used a D05 open center 12v solenoid valve from Ebay.
I did locate a space saver sub-plate that is only 1.25" thick D05 pattern SAE 8 connections.

I tapped into the backhoe loop after the backhoe.

I sourced the control handle from John Deere, see this post

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-need-measurement-l4240-loader-control-2.html

I cut the existing loader control handle shaft down to a more comfortable height below the offset. This also allows additional room to exit the right side of the open station.

I ran a high amperage circuit back to the left hand side of the seat. There is plenty of room to install relays there underneath the range shift console. This will also provide power for my ROPs mounted work lights.

Picked up an ignition on hot from the right hand behind the seat area. There are three connectors there for that use.

NOTE: I did install diodes on the relays to protect the low amperage switch in the control handle. There also is a lighted arming switch at the base of the loader control handle shaft mounted on the right side console.

Hose routing is along the backhoe sub frame to the front loader quick disconnect plate.
I fabricated a four hole quick disconnect plate that bolts to the factory front loader quick disconnect plate.
The hoses then run along the front loader arms using hydraulic hose clamps bolted to the provided factory loader arm mounting locations.
The slick part is where the hoses terminate at the front loader crossover tube. I borrowed one of ETAs ideas and mounted the same hose tending spring they use on their grapples.
All hoses have hose protection installed wherever possible.

Go here to view photos

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125678055@N06/sets/72157645223961616/

Attachments

• IMG_1246.jpg
    IMG_1246.jpg
    954.3 KB · Views: 200
   / True Third Function- factory or do it myself #39  
Kubota Factory 3rd function
I have a kubota 3rd function valve & connections on my M5140. The dealer installed it on the bare used tractor at the same time he installed the kubota Loader (LA1153) on it. I am installing a grapple next week and I want to plumb it so when I push the kubota loader control Joystick TOP Button it will open the grapple lids and the LOWER Button would close the grapple lids. Does anyone know if there is a standard or uniform way they install the system so the coupling mounted on the loader frame bulkhead are mounted the same on all installations? Example the top coupling in my case it is the Male coupling (see picture I have included) would be the pressurized line when I press the Top Button. I know if I just install the the hoses and couplings to my grapple I have a 50% chance of being right. I am just trying not have to reinstall my couplings and get hyd fluid all over the place. Or can I just reverse a electrical plug at the Joystick area?

I guess what I am trying to ask is here a standard or uniform way the Kubota Factory 3rd Function Install is installed? Thanks in advance
*Attached Thumbnails**

Attachments

• P1010087.JPG
    P1010087.JPG
    784.6 KB · Views: 126
Kubota Factory 3rd function
I have a kubota 3rd function valve & connections on my M5140. The dealer installed it on the bare used tractor at the same time he installed the kubota Loader (LA1153) on it. I am installing a grapple next week and I want to plumb it so when I push the kubota loader control Joystick TOP Button it will open the grapple lids and the LOWER Button would close the grapple lids. Does anyone know if there is a standard or uniform way they install the system so the coupling mounted on the loader frame bulkhead are mounted the same on all installations? Example the top coupling in my case it is the Male coupling (see picture I have included) would be the pressurized line when I press the Top Button. I know if I just install the the hoses and couplings to my grapple I have a 50% chance of being right. I am just trying not have to reinstall my couplings and get hyd fluid all over the place. Or can I just reverse a electrical plug at the Joystick area?

I guess what I am trying to ask is here a standard or uniform way the Kubota Factory 3rd Function Install is installed? Thanks in advance
*Attached Thumbnails**

Your won't lose that much fluid swapping out the fittings.
Just do it over a bucket.