the
spindles
and
pulleys
feel
tight?

(is this how we are supposed to type):laughing:

/ New BX, first issue...... #12  
Is it possible that the belt was not installed correctly from new? Other than that I would check for loose pulleys.
I have seen old belts jump off when they snap cords, could be a faulty belt.

/ New BX, first issue...... #13  
I'm sure that the belt was erroneously installed that way.

I'm also sure that the dealer will blame it on a stick or some other foreign object.

I predict they will then cover it & try to take credit for covering something that was not their fault.

/ New BX, first issue...... #14  
The bolts holding the pulley loosened on ours allowing the pulley to become misaligned and belt line up. We tightened it up, put the belt back on and away we went. It happened again this year and we didn't catch it in time, so the pulley holes wallowed out and when my son replaced it, he put red Lock-Tite on the bolts. We have never had a problem with the BX2200 deck in ten years of heavy use.

/ New BX, first issue...... #15  
That was my initial thought also, that the belt was installed that way.

How long have they been putting plastic guards on the mower decks?

I'm sure that the belt was erroneously installed that way.

I'm also sure that the dealer will blame it on a stick or some other foreign object.

I predict they will then cover it & try to take credit for covering something that was not their fault.

/ New BX, first issue......
The belt was not installed that way intitally. I inspeced the tractor closely when I took delivery. The cover showed no signs of a problem before I cut the front yard yesterday so it happened sometieme during that cutting. The amount if misalignemnt (in relation to the postion of the cover) is quite a bit so I am sure it burned (melted) through it quite quickly.....point being, if it were that way from the beginning, I would have noticed it after the first tiem I used it.

Anyway (see Jay, I started a new paragraph : ) ), I called the dealer this morning and he is coming to get it and said he will have it fixed and back to me this afternoon, tomorrow morning at the latest. He agreed that it is wihtout a doubt a warrenty issue.

Opps....to anwser 94bullitt's question...yes, the belt feel like it has the proper tension and as far as I can tell, all the pullies feel tight and APPEAR to be in alignment......

/ New BX, first issue...... #18  
Most belts require tightening after the first 5-6 hours of use....that could be part of it.

I thought that too, but this has a tensioner pulley on it that should keep the belt at the optimum tension throughout it's life....