Mowing New BX, first issue......

/ New BX, first issue...... #31  
Have a friend with a BX25 and he has had problems with the pulley bolts loosing up and getting wallered out 2 seperate times. The older deck that I have on my BX2230 has more bolts and a circular flange and has not loosened up any like the 4 bollt newer crossed flange spindles. Think Kubota needs to go back to the old style spindle as there is some type of harmonics building up on the newer cross type spindle assemblies.

David Kb7uns

/ New BX, first issue...... #32  
I'm tempted to take the guards off my JD LX280 mower, all they do is catch and store dried grass, a small stick or two. Did the OP check the spindles for looseness , alignment or a bad bearing without any belt tension on them?

/ New BX, first issue...... #33  
I have several areas I have to drive stright in and then back out of because there is not enough room to turn. Lots of pinecones flying around at that point and the only thing I can figure is that one of them bounced over the back side of the deck as I was backing up, as the top of it is lower to the gorund then the leading edge is. Go figure.....

Yeah, OPEN pine cones would be light enough to fly around everywhere, but they are so fragile seems like they would just get pulverized if they happened to get between the belt and the pulley. On the other hand, green UNOPENED cones would be very hard just like a walnut. They could potentially derail a belt.

/ New BX, first issue...... #34  
Sounds like u have a great dealer.

/ New BX, first issue...... #35  
Yeah they have made a few changes to these decks over the years. Here is a pic of my 2003 60" deck pulley. The deck probably has 300 hours on it and I have never had anything fail or come loose in all that time. (I have two decks [PO had them, one for rough fields, one for his "lawn"] and swap them out so neither deck gets a whole lot of time on them)

Attachments

• IMG_6871.jpg
    IMG_6871.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 89
   / New BX, first issue......
Yep...dealer is a good one for sure. Probably doesnt hurt that the service manager is the same guy who sold me my GR in 05 and is awear of all the problesm I had with it. The gave me a really good deal on the trade in for this unit.

Coolerman: your pullys appear to ahve 6 bolts and mine only have four...although they appear to be larger then yours. Not sure if one has an advantage over the other in this application......

/ New BX, first issue...... #37  
I've never derailed a belt other than as mentioned previously by loose bolts, but we have cleaned sticks pine cones etc. out. The belt is big, strong and the spring on the idler pulley really strong, so while it is not likely, it is possible. I have lost track of the times we have thrown belts on our John Deeres; easy to put back on though.

/ New BX, first issue...... #38  
Yeah they have made a few changes to these decks over the years. Here is a pic of my 2003 60" deck pulley. The deck probably has 300 hours on it and I have never had anything fail or come loose in all that time. (I have two decks [PO had them, one for rough fields, one for his "lawn"] and swap them out so neither deck gets a whole lot of time on them)

We have an 03 and 08 and I prefer the 03 as it just seems more sturdy and I prefer the metal belt covers and chute on the older ones.

Last edited:
   / New BX, first issue...... #39  
We have an 03 and 08 and I prefer the 03 as it jut seems more sturdy and I prefer the metal belt covers and chute on the older ones.

I like the old metal ones too. They didn't have a warning on them saying "Not A Step" ,,, and didn't they even cover the center of the deck?

/ New BX, first issue......
That's kinda like my Gravely......the guards are metal and you actually drive the front of the tractor over them in order to get the deck under the machine......