Mowing New BX, first issue......

/ New BX, first issue...... #1  

csr0831

Silver Member
OK...got less then 20 hours on the new BX 2360 and less then 5 hours on the deck. Cut the front yard this afternoon and was getting ready to start on the back.. ..looked down and saw that the belt had ridden up on the left outboard pulley and cut it's way through the plastic guard over top of that pulley. I don't know if something is not lined up and caused the belt to jump up or maybe a stick got wedged in there momenterly and it rode up on that. I don't THINK so, but I guess its possible. The belt has a deep "V" in its center and it rode up until that "V" centered on the upper rim of the pulley. Looks like a call to the dealer tomorrow is in order to see if they will cover it under warranty.

IMG_20130605_191018.jpg IMG_20130605_191130.jpg IMG_20130605_191124.jpg IMG_20130605_191114.jpg

/ New BX, first issue...... #2  
OK...got less then 20 hours on the new BX 2360 and less then 5 hours on the deck.

Cut the front yard this afternoon and was getting ready to start on the back.. ..looked down and saw that the belt had ridden up on the left outboard pulley and cut it's way through the plastic guard over top of that pulley.

I don't know if something is not lined up and caused the belt to jump up or maybe a stick got wedged in there momenterly and it rode up on that.

I don't THINK so, but I guess its possible. The belt has a deep "V" in its center and it rode up until that "V" centered on the upper rim of the pulley.

Looks like a call to the dealer tomorrow is in order to see if they will cover it under warranty.

View attachment 321250 View attachment 321251 View attachment 321252 View attachment 321253

Readable form

/ New BX, first issue......
Agreed.

It was readable the first time...it was just prettier the way you did it. : )

/ New BX, first issue...... #7  
Why are mower decks designed to catch crap?

I know it lowers the height profile, but what a mess you get for that benefit.

Could have been a twig or stick, but the belt should re-center and stay there if everything is aligned.

Hope this is pretty enough. :laughing:

In a perfect world I would agree, but this is a wide belt and has a deep V running down the he middle of it. That V is now centered on the top lip of that out board pulley. There really is no way it CAN re-center itself......

/ New BX, first issue...... #9  
Have you worked on it to see if it is an alignment problem with the pulley(s)?

The deck has less then 5 hours on it. Seems to me that if it IS an alignment problem (or anything else other then a stick jammed under the belt), it would be a warranty issue. Calling the dealer tomorrow......