There ought to be a law .

/ There ought to be a law . #1  

kevin37b

Veteran Member
Tractor
john deere
These custom cutters or anyone else mowing with the chute deflector pulled back , or off should go to jail .Jackass that mows the church across the street sent a projectile through my garagedoor window. That window is exactly eye level . What if a grandson or the wife had been standing there . If those machines won't mow with the flapper down , you need to look at something else . This is a peeve of mine and do not appreciate the arrogance and rudeness of it . Needless to say this fellow and myself had a rather rude discussion in front of the pastor . She just informed me he will not be mowing for them any longer . Got any comment's , I am pissed .

/ There ought to be a law . #2  
we got to many laws.

/ There ought to be a law . #3  
Seems to me you have a right to be upset. It is a dangerous situation and avoidable. You did the right thing telling the land owner and the operator what happened and how dangerous it is to mow without the shields. It is negligence.

Glad everyone is OK.

MoKelly

/ There ought to be a law . #4  
Go with God and sin no more.

/ There ought to be a law . #5  
I'll agree, that the mower should have the chute guard down. A year or so back, the neighbor was mowing across the street (which is up above head level at our place), my brother and I were outside shootin' the breeze and all of a sudden a loud TINK!

Found a nicely nicked penny that had hit the grill a few feet from us. :eek: Neighbor had his chute guard down, just a "perfect storm" kind of thing.

/ There ought to be a law . #6  
You know what happens too is these clowns all have to blow the debris out towards the road. One time my Durango was peppered by crap thrown off a high bank over the road by a commercial mower another time I was hit by a rock while riding by on my motorcycle. When ever I go by someone mowing with the chute discharging towards the road I honestly I cover the side my face with my hand!

/ There ought to be a law . #7  
I cringe too, whenever I'm driving by someone mowing with the "doors wide open", luckily no "hits" as of yet, but I probably upped my chances a thousand-fold by typing this.

I don't know Jay...but I'm gonna be keeping tabs on you...............

My wife will be glad to know she has some help. :laughing:

/ There ought to be a law . #8  
I remember taking at least one rock in the head when I was a kid. Also had a new car pounded while driving. People don't have enough respect for what a mower can do.

/ There ought to be a law . #9  
I took a small engine course. the guy talked about mowers and how he doesnt touch them, He went to retrieve a mower, and they showed him a broken blade that was in an apple tree trunk, they tried to straighten it ,and off it came through the deck,luckily not in the direction of their feet.If I (rarely) touch one, I'm on a step if it runs, and I look at the tracking of the blade first. the new mowers have thin blades,so they will bend easy I found.I saw a guy cut his toes off when i was a kid. and still get spooked at night after 45 yrs.

/ There ought to be a law . #10  
These custom cutters or anyone else mowing with the chute deflector pulled back , or off should go to jail .Jackass that mows the church across the street sent a projectile through my garagedoor window. That window is exactly eye level . What if a grandson or the wife had been standing there . If those machines won't mow with the flapper down , you need to look at something else . This is a peeve of mine and do not appreciate the arrogance and rudeness of it . Needless to say this fellow and myself had a rather rude discussion in front of the pastor . She just informed me he will not be mowing for them any longer . Got any comment's , I am pissed .

There is, but for damage to your property, and person if it happened.