Results 1 to 1 of 1
06-12-2013, 09:52 PM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- Croom, Maryland
- BX 24 TLB, BX1850, L3700SU
BX 1850 Mid Mount Mower blade pulley bolts
If you start hearing rattling from your MMM, remove the blade pulley covers. The 4 bolts that hold the pulley together come loose, perhaps they did not torque them down correctly at the factory. I heard the rattling and smelled burnt rubber . Stopped the mower and removed the pulley cover on the left side and sure enough, only one bolt was still attached and it was loose.
It is not a tragedy, luckily. While it looks impossible, you can actually insert new bolts up from the bottom of the pulley without removing the pulley. Repair process:
1. Lower MMM to bottom with height set to zero.
2. Remove plastic pulley cover. (two knobs)
3. Unhook tension spring on port (left) side of mower deck. I used a 2 foot crow bar and a 3 foot piece of 2x4 set against the wheel and the drive pulley for levearge.
4. The belt comes off easily.
5. Align the pulley holders 4 holes with the holes in the pulley.
6. Take a new M8 (1.25 thread) bolt (same length as the original) and carefully try to insert it in one of the four holes underneath the pulley. I have big hands and fingers and I could do it, though it seems hopeless at first. Put a lock washer on the bolt and loosely screw an M8 nut on the end.
7. Do this for all four holes.
8. Block the blade with a piece of wood.
9. Carefully use an open end wrench to hold the head of the bolt from underneath the pulley. It is difficult but an open end wrench works. A crow's foot might be easier but i don't have crow's foot wrenches.
10. Tighten the nuts as tight as you can with a ratchet wrench.BX24 TLB plus BX1850 w/ 54" MMM plus L3700 w/loader and 60" Woods brush hog.
By scramblerracer in forum Mahindra Owning/OperatingReplies: 6Last Post: 06-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Mid-Mount Mower Removing and Installing Mid mount mowerBy narampa in forum AttachmentsReplies: 13Last Post: 06-09-2013, 11:36 AM
By tbonz in forum Parts/RepairsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Mowing 2 Mid Mount Mower questionsBy BizDoc in forum Kubota Owning/OperatingReplies: 0Last Post: 05-15-2013, 09:00 PM
By Chef Pa in forum John Deere Owning/OperatingReplies: 5Last Post: 05-06-2013, 02:16 PM