TYM 353 PTO wont engage.

/ TYM 353 PTO wont engage. #1  

grayslands

Tractor
TYM 353
Got relatively new 350 Hrs Tym 353 which has been problem free until...
Did abt 6 hrs slashing in wet paddock, when finished, washed mud and ***** from tractor n slasher with a hose. Went back a week later to do some more and
PTO would not work ( The PTO is normally left in gear and just operates from a push switch on the dash normally). Disengaged PTO From 1 to N, and its now stuck in Neutral.
PTO spindle will turn by hand so presume it is really in N. Does this operate by a solenoid...could that be the problem that ive wet it when hosing down the machine?? where is it, whats it look like etc etc. Most importantly...how do I fix it !!! All help greatly appreciated !!

/ TYM 353 PTO wont engage. #2  
My TYM 330 HST has also a selector OFF/AUTO/MAN. If in AUTO the PTO disengages when 3 point is in top position. I will check in the morning if the PTO shaft turns freely (while it is mechanically engaged) when engine is running (I think it does because when electrically disengaged the equipment keeps rotating by inertia). It turns freely when engine is not running.

/ TYM 353 PTO wont engage.
Hi Mate, My TYM has the same off/auto/man switch (to be honest, I dont even know what it was in when this all went down) ! Id punt it was in Manual, but it doesnt seem to matter if its in Auto or Manual or where the 3 pt is, the 1 N 2 pto gear lever is just stubbornly stuck in N. Ive wiggled n jiggled every little thing I can reach from the seat, on the basis that maybe i knocked something inadvertently to cause this. But no Cigar.........

/ TYM 353 PTO wont engage. #4  
Every now and then when I am using my rear snow blower the pto gear lever won't move. I have to engage / disengage the dash switch to get it to free up. I just think sometimes the mechanical gear just gets in that "spot" where there is not the correct leverage to move it without the little bump from the dash switch.

/ TYM 353 PTO wont engage. #5  
Grayslands -

There is a TYM forum on this site where you can get faster answers to your questions and also see what is going on with other TYM's.

/ TYM 353 PTO wont engage.
Thks vm...Ive reposted my query in the TYM Specific section.

Cheers

/ TYM 353 PTO wont engage. #7  
I just bought a second hand TYM T353HST - Hydraulics seem to work OK and rear PTO functions - but front PTO does not engage. Dash switches in on and manual/auto position + MID PTO lever in on position. When I try to use the (green)engage push button on the dash - engine chokes and stops - high or low revs makes no difference

/ TYM 353 PTO wont engage. #8  
Check PTO solenoid under the tractor. It is probably frozen and not supplying fluid to the pto clutch.