Hard time with new tractor

/ Hard time with new tractor #102  
Getting back on topic. Mr. Arrow are you going with the 3016 gear then?

/ Hard time with new tractor
Getting back on topic. Mr. Arrow are you going with the 3016 gear then?

It appears I have narrow choices. I went over yesterday and concur with the assessment of hydro for this tractor (3016). Much easier ergonomics. Today i went over to the JohnDeere dealership and looked and sat on a 3320 gear. Much better layout on the JD. The 3320 was 23,9K. They were giving me 2K for mine and only that it is in such great shape otherwise only 1.5K. If the Mahindra was laid out as simply and efficiently as the geared Deere, this discussion wouldn't even be taking place. So out of pocket was 20K for the Deere and 10K for the 3016 so that was a no brainer. Cannot get the Deere. If the Mahindra dealership can somehow get the price down to even $1200 difference for the hydro, I would consider that but I have two things working against me. 1. He is chomping at the bit to get rid of this Mahindra gear as its been sitting on his lot for 16 months. It seems no one wants gear anymore around here and why the great deal. 2. old pricing vs new pricing creates smaller wiggle room for the dealership which creates a bigger spread from the hydro to old stock gear. Driving the Mahindra is like shooting a bolt action rifle as opposed to a semi automatic: It can be done and can be gotten used to and there are compensations to be made in order to acquire some great pricing. I don't like it as much but I'll learn to live with it.

/ Hard time with new tractor #104  
Arrow, I hate to say this, but IF YOU CAN afford the HST, spend the extra $$$$ and get what is more comfortable for you. If you get the gear, while you will get use to it, you will always be thinking that you should have just gotten the HST.

Just my :2cents:, based on what has happened to me in the past when I made the mistake and thought that I was going to save a few $$$. :( ;)

/ Hard time with new tractor #105  
Arrow,

Your statement "I don't like it as much but I'll learn to live with it" sounds like you are resigned to take the 3016 Gear, when you want the 3016 Hydro.

They really want to move the 3016 gear, so yes they probably won't make as good a deal on the hydro plain and simple. And the trade in value is excellent vs what JD was giving you.

Will they take $11.7-12K difference for the 3016 hydro?

/ Hard time with new tractor #106  
Arrow, I hate to say this, but IF YOU CAN afford the HST, spend the extra $$$$ and get what is more comfortable for you. If you get the gear, while you will get use to it, you will always be thinking that you should have just gotten the HST.

Just my :2cents:, based on what has happened to me in the past when I made the mistake and thought that I was going to save a few $$$. :( ;)

Same here, when I bought a B7500 DT.. gear.. every day I wished it was a hydro.. I kept it 8 years.. and don't get me wrong, it was a great tractor, and the Gear changing was slick and smooth and it was ergonomically laid out.. But every day I wished it was a hydro. I bought it to save money. It was like $1000. Some savings..

/ Hard time with new tractor #107  
Go for the hydro! The gear may be priced right because, you said it- NOone wants one. So is it that much better to take something you don't even like just for the additional 'fire sale' price -NO!
Get what you want and deserve, it's going to be your next tractor, get what you need and will enjoy not something they can't even sell to anyone and which you may regret for as long as you own it. DON'T SETTLE!!!

/ Hard time with new tractor #108  
A wise friend once told me, "If you're gonna spend the money, you might as well get what you want." Doesn't help much if you're not sure just what that is.

I'm not sure if the OP has too many choices, or if not enough options are being considered. That said, there's nothing wrong with helping a dealer unload something that no one wants, esp if the $$ side has been underplayed here. If I wanted high loader capacity, telescoping lift arms, rear remotes, and dual-pedal HST, LS would be a no-brainer despite the cost & color.

It's nice to have a reliable dealer close by, even nicer if they stay in biz as long as one is still driving their brand. Not sure what'd happen after that. Can't plan for everything, but it's good to know that Arrow appreciates ergonomics. We're not getting any younger.

/ Hard time with new tractor #109  
It appears I have narrow choices. I went over yesterday and concur with the assessment of hydro for this tractor (3016). Much easier ergonomics. Today i went over to the JohnDeere dealership and looked and sat on a 3320 gear. Much better layout on the JD. The 3320 was 23,9K. They were giving me 2K for mine and only that it is in such great shape otherwise only 1.5K. If the Mahindra was laid out as simply and efficiently as the geared Deere, this discussion wouldn't even be taking place. So out of pocket was 20K for the Deere and 10K for the 3016 so that was a no brainer. Cannot get the Deere. If the Mahindra dealership can somehow get the price down to even $1200 difference for the hydro, I would consider that but I have two things working against me. 1. He is chomping at the bit to get rid of this Mahindra gear as its been sitting on his lot for 16 months. It seems no one wants gear anymore around here and why the great deal. 2. old pricing vs new pricing creates smaller wiggle room for the dealership which creates a bigger spread from the hydro to old stock gear. Driving the Mahindra is like shooting a bolt action rifle as opposed to a semi automatic: It can be done and can be gotten used to and there are compensations to be made in order to acquire some great pricing. I don't like it as much but I'll learn to live with it.

The 3320 is a step up above a 3016. The JD 3032 would be a closer match but thr hydro model is only a 2 range. Can you sell your tractor straight out or on consignment? You have your current tractor a lot of years. I imagine you will keep this one a long time. You should get what you want so you are happy.

/ Hard time with new tractor
Their are some rabid hydro fans here and it cannot be just because going from back to forward is so easy. I've heard of a "finesse" factor say when inching into things such as trying to spear a fork into a pallet but what is so different from what I can do now with my JD 750? It is a pretty finessful tractor. I will grant that I have not achieved a "finesse " factor with the geared Mahindra but I cannot put my finger on why I can finesse the JD gear but not the Mahindra. This part has got me a bit concerned. I don't know if it was the additional size of the Mahindra (but actually not that much larger) or the visual from the tractor or the joystick but this thing seems like I'm trying to coax and elephant to light a cigarette. It cannot be because its a gear or can it?