Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Default Re: Hard time with new tractor

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    I. My 3215 HST dynos out with 34HP. My tractor ballasts out at 5000lbs.

Something to consider, but then where do you stop?

Good luck with your research.
    Brian I thought the 3215 was an early counterpart of the modern 16 series. What do you use to get your tractor to 5000lbs? Also, is your tractors speed regulated by first the column mounted stick and then the pedal? The pedal would not allow the tractor to reach its highest rpm in any range. You had to first adjust the stick for more rpm. Is this the way your Mahindra works?

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by arrow View Post
    Brian I thought the 3215 was an early counterpart of the modern 16 series. What do you use to get your tractor to 5000lbs? Also, is your tractors speed regulated by first the column mounted stick and then the pedal? The pedal would not allow the tractor to reach its highest rpm in any range. You had to first adjust the stick for more rpm. Is this the way your Mahindra works?
    NO

Yes, the 15 series were the pre 16 series machines and the later 15 series such as mine were a bit more refined than the earlier models. The first 16 series like mine were called a 3316 and the ONLY difference were the decals. They later went on to change some aluminum parts over to cast iron.

5000lbs = the tractor, loader, heavy implement and all 4 tires being loaded. It is recommended in the owners manual that the gross weight not exceed 5000 lbs. I would guess that the newer 16 series tractors allow for more weight with the aluminum parts being changed out for cast iron pieces and that the loader has a higher lifting capacity.

I can change speed either with the throttle or the go pedal. It does not have to be done in any sequence. Now of course if you were under a heavy load, you will not go any faster by pushing further down on the go pedal. As others have mentioned, high range is for transport, I have no problem being able to move at top speed up hill. How steep I don't really know. All I know is that out property has a 140' elevation difference.

I hope that at least some of this can help you in some way.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Any updates?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    Any updates?
    No. Going back to he dealer tomorrow and with hydro operating instruction notes gleaned from the friendly people here, will see if the hydro on this particular tractor is a fit for me.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    B6100DT

Quote Originally Posted by arrow View Post

I swear if JD could figure out how to get an engine in plastic and not melt, they'd do it.

Someday they will!!!

Plastic automotive engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Design News - Features - Is the Plastic Engine Close?

Dan C.
    B6100DT, FEL, BH

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Just came back from the dealer and bought the geared 3016 with ags. I tried the 3016 hydro for almost an hour but what I did not like was in order to get to the speed I'd log with in 2nd range, I had to build up revs way too much for my liking. Other brands may be different but this is a light tractor that I need all the grunt it can produce because of the way I use a tractor and for me, that meant gear in this model. Taking possession next week. I made one last ditch effort to stay with JD but here I'm buying a $20K tractor for 10K and my JD 750. Jd was costing me another 10K for a tractor a step up from the 3016 (3320). I may have paid 5 more but not 10 more. I loved the JD dealership but I have it against JD for choosing their price points as high as they do. Of course remains the question as to why the Mahindra dealership was showing 7K for my trade and the Motherland was only willing to go to 2K. Another plus is that the Mahindra dealership is only 10 minutes from my place and has been selling Mahindras since 2006 and Yanmars before that since 1981. So I'm feeling pretty righteous about the whole thing with any regrets now melted away. Thanks to all for the shoulders.
    Last edited by arrow; 07-18-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Cool, Congratulations on your new tractor.!

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Congrats. I hope you enjoy your new tractor.

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

We need pics you know or it didn't happen.
    Murph ------------

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    We need pics you know or it didn't happen.
    I know… I know. I have pics of the tractor at the dealership but I'm sure you mean pics at my house. Here is the tractor at the dealership.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -p8192388-jpg  

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast