Hard time with new tractor

/ Hard time with new tractor #151  
Are you getting the rear wheels sit wider?

/ Hard time with new tractor
Are you getting the rear wheels sit wider?

Yes. I debated this with myself as well thinking I wanted the maneuverability that the 4' wide JD provided thru this dense forest I have. I erred on the side of safety as I want no more tractor "naps"

/ Hard time with new tractor #153  
Yes. I debated this with myself as well thinking I wanted the maneuverability that the 4' wide JD provided thru this dense forest I have. I erred on the side of safety as I want no more tractor "naps"

Good call. It would have not been very stable at 4' wide. It is nice you can go that narrow if you want.

/ Hard time with new tractor #154  
Congratulations on your decision and purchase - know it wasn't easy - you will enjoy this for many years.

Congratulations on your decision and purchase - know it wasn't easy - you will enjoy this for many years.

Thanks to all for your good wishes. Guys like you Carl and others on the forum made it easier. If you want to know why I was finally able to let go of the Deere mentally is that JD actually ticked me off with their rather uppity attitude of "this is our tractor, this is what we get, if you don't want it, somebody else will". I mean common: they think i didn't want the 3320? Its s beautiful tractor. I just couldn't get to the extra 10 grand having to come out of my pocket. It may be better than the Mahindra 3016 but not 10 grand better. I could have even gotten a Mahindra 4010 for half the money that JD wanted for theirs and that tractor is certainly equal or surpasses the 3320. Time will tell with this one. Woods work is tough on a tractor and the JD 750 stood the test of time even though it got rolled a couple of times. I cannot remember ever having to cut my way out with that tractor and my woods are dense. It was a small ox with a 1800 lb stem attached to it. I'll know the first time I start to skid in Dec-Jan if the 3016 is as worthy an acquisition.

Last edited:
   / Hard time with new tractor #156  
Nice rig, congrats on the decision and purchase! Did you get them to throw in the PHD? :laughing:

/ Hard time with new tractor #157  
Congrats on your purchase.

Congrats on your purchase.

Thanks Dan and Scout. Scout; the deal I got from the Mahindra place was so good, I'd feel happy if the tractor had no diesel in it let alone a phd.