Hard time with new tractor

/ Hard time with new tractor #11  
I know what you mean. I drove a 1967 International pick up until it got so rusty that there was barely enough metal left for the electrical ground. I had a 1970 IH crew cab until there was a problem with the clutch linkage and the body rusted out under the radiator, and the company had been gone for years. Sometimes you have to let go. If you can get parts for the Deere, and you have the attachments you use regularly, and you have the time to fix it, you might be better off to keep it. I have to admit that now that I am over 60, I have begun to relax on trying to do everything myself, migrate to newer equipment, and hire professionals to do some of the work. But each to his own, it is said, and what works for Ed Hill may not be right for others.

/ Hard time with new tractor #12  
Already made the pm on the subject. To think, he's tickled pink with his purchase and his has over 3000 hrs. Mine has half that. Waxed every other year and I'm ready to trade it because I'm thinking JD hardly supports it any longer.
Please don't do PM's on the subject. Other owners of JD 750's could use your knowledge on the tractor.

So please, post in the thread.

/ Hard time with new tractor #13  
If you find it awkward you should not buy it.

I appreciate the old equipment but I really don't miss any of it. The new stuff makes life so much better and things are way more efficient.

/ Hard time with new tractor #14  

I appreciate the old equipment but I really don't miss any of it. The new stuff makes life so much better and things are way more efficient.
In a way, I agree. But in most places, the dealer has the right to keep the deposit. Could be a 'sticky' situation.

I wish the best for the OP.

/ Hard time with new tractor
Please don't do PM's on the subject. Other owners of JD 750's could use your knowledge on the tractor.

So please, post in the thread.

I understand your point Don and it is a valid one. The reason for the initial contact to be a pm was to ascertain how many issues needed to be confronted. In this case, there were none mentioned by the op in his communication back to me. I will a;ways be willing to help any JD 750 owner once I know someone needs the help or relate the issues once identified.

My problem is I do not know if my "brain" is finding it awkward based on what it already knows. My present tractor has shift levers between your legs which are very fast to manipulate but necessitates a parallel bar dismount from the tractor. I'm still able to do this now but the future holds what? To shuttle my tractor it takes an instant. The shuttle shift on the new tractor is on the column. I simply could not finesse the new tractor as I can work the 750. The 750 operates like it is a "part of me". I'll have to drive the 3016 at the dealership for a few more days to see what happens and if he needs to keep my deposit as a result of a missed sale because of the deposit hold and I decide not to buy it, I have no problem with that.

/ Hard time with new tractor #17  
Well, Arrow,

With your uses in the woods and such, get the R4's on the 3016 and keep the JD750 for a while, fix the head and then decide in 6 months or so to find a new home for it or just keep it.

There are many out there that are looking for a tractor like the 750 so finding a good home is not likely to be a problem, and soon you will have the 3016 outfitted and more capable - it just takes time.

Don't fret, or over think this, we don't get any younger, and need to enjoy things when we can - its tough to do this in reality when one overthinks things..

Carl

/ Hard time with new tractor #18  
My problem is I do not know if my "brain" is finding it awkward based on what it already knows. My present tractor has shift levers between your legs which are very fast to manipulate but necessitates a parallel bar dismount from the tractor. I'm still able to do this now but the future holds what? To shuttle my tractor it takes an instant. The shuttle shift on the new tractor is on the column. I simply could not finesse the new tractor as I can work the 750. The 750 operates like it is a "part of me". I'll have to drive the 3016 at the dealership for a few more days to see what happens and if he needs to keep my deposit as a result of a missed sale because of the deposit hold and I decide not to buy it, I have no problem with that.
My Massey was very awkward for me at first, but it didn't take too long to get accustomed to it. Now, after 3 years it's second nature, and I only get to use it on Saturdays.

I'm willing to bet that after you use the new one for a month or so, you would be fine with it.

/ Hard time with new tractor #19  

I agree if the shoe doesn't fit don't buy it. Did you test drive the competition maybe there is a better fit for you out there. Do you have the same problem with new vehicles. And if so do you adjust okay. If the answer is yes then it might be okay.
I've regretted purchases in the past and i don't ever get over it. Most recently it was a speeco speed pro log splitter from tractor supply. It was a pile fortunately after 6 months of frustration TSC bought it back. The concept was cool but it had to many fundamental design issues.

Well, Arrow,

With your uses in the woods and such, get the R4's on the 3016 and keep the JD750 for a while, fix the head and then decide in 6 months or so to find a new home for it or just keep it.

There are many out there that are looking for a tractor like the 750 so finding a good home is not likely to be a problem, and soon you will have the 3016 outfitted and more capable - it just takes time.

Don't fret, or over think this, we don't get any younger, and need to enjoy things when we can - its tough to do this in reality when one overthinks things..

Carl
Thanks Carl. I over think everything. I am wired to be analytical. Sometimes it is a curse and other times its been a lifesaver. The dealership gave me three weeks to decide. I've sent the oil out to be analyzed to see if indeed I do have a glycol leak. Things will unfold. I am curious on your recommendation for the R4's. I never had a problem with ags in the woods even when I had the old 4 plys tires on as opposed to the 8 ply tires on the JD now. I guess one of the main factors on tire selection should I decide on the new tractor, is what fits in the barn, garage, and shed storage areas. Putting the rops up and down seems like an added act that I do not know how I'll fathom. The JD fits into everything now.