Speedometer don't work on a 3320 john deere tractor

/ Speedometer don't work on a 3320 john deere tractor #1  

Gail Rodda

Tractor
3320 johndeere
How do I repair the speedometer on my 3320 tractor. It just goes up 4or 5 tenths. Gail Rodda gdrodda@yahoo.com

/ Speedometer don't work on a 3320 john deere tractor #2  
If you want to do these repairs, you really ought to invest in a service manual.

/ Speedometer don't work on a 3320 john deere tractor #3  
Were it a mechanical speedometer you'd probably have a cable issue. Since it's digital there has to be a sender with output to the gauge. Hit the sending unit with a Crescent Wrench (not too hard now) and see if that helps. I fixed my radio that way one time.....but the wise words out of Vermont are probably better advice and I don't mean point a gun at it to see if it's emotionally mature........

/ Speedometer don't work on a 3320 john deere tractor
I have a service manuel. It don't eaven show where the sendor is.

/ Speedometer don't work on a 3320 john deere tractor #5  
Must hook up to the trans somewhere.

/ Speedometer don't work on a 3320 john deere tractor #6  
Were it a mechanical speedometer you'd probably have a cable issue. Since it's digital there has to be a sender with output to the gauge. Hit the sending unit with a Crescent Wrench (not too hard now) and see if that helps. I fixed my radio that way one time.....but the wise words out of Vermont are probably better advice and I don't mean point a gun at it to see if it's emotionally mature........

:laughing: And if that won't work, try the heel of your boot and call it a kawasaki. :shocked:

/ Speedometer don't work on a 3320 john deere tractor #7  
I have a service manuel. It don't eaven show where the sendor is.

You could call a dealer and I'm sure they would give you some advice on where it's located and perhaps how to test it. I guess there's a good use for a speedo on a tractor but it just doesn't occur to me although I guess spraying or some harvest implements might require speed over the ground information.

Good luck with it.