Black nob

/ Black nob #1  

Robbiedeanvick

Tractor
Kubota B2400
Hello I just bought a 2001 Kubota 2400 diesel . I have one question below the seat there is a black nob says open close . What does it open and close ? Please let me know .:dance1:

/ Black nob #2  
I think you are talking about the pressure control knob that controls the three point lift. If you lower an implement with this valve all the way open the implement will drop like a rock to the ground. If you try to lower an implement with this valve all the way closed it won't lower at all. You can play with it with an implement attached to get the setting correct.

/ Black nob #3  
What "whistlepig" said. ↑↑

That said.... :welcome: to the forum.

/ Black nob
Thanks I have a five foot bush- hog behind it and a front loader I will try it and thank u again

/ Black nob #6  
Be careful. Knob all the way open will slam the bush hog to the ground. Better to start knob all the way closed. Tiny steps.

/ Black nob #7  
The knob will also lock the implement in the up mode for transport.

Also used to trouble shoot the piston seals in the 3pt.

If you raise the implement and turn the knob closed, and the implement still falls, then the piston seals are leaking.

/ Black nob #8  
The knob will also lock the implement in the up mode for transport.

Also used to trouble shoot the piston seals in the 3pt.

If you raise the implement and turn the knob closed, and the implement still falls, then the piston seals are leaking.

This!

In fact, it's a really good idea to lock the implement in the up position during transport. Some manuals will warn you that damage can occur if you fail to do so.....probably depends on how the system is made, and where the lock is in the system.

/ Black nob
Thank's to every body for the help ! U all was right played with it this evening. This is my first tractor I'll probably will have a lot of question on down the road once again THANK U ALL VERY MUCH .

/ Black nob
Mr. J J I have another question for u my Kubota has power steering how do u check the fluid & it's a auto M where or how do u check the fluid .