I almost made some scrap metal today

/ I almost made some scrap metal today #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
I was pulling out some small trees this evening. I had a couple that would not come out with it hook the draw bar on the tractor. I got the draw bar for the 3PH and bent the thing. I never really gave it any thought. I know my neighbor uses a cat 1 draw bar his on his New Holland TL90 and t5040. If I would have had a anti rotation device I may have not bent it. I guess a draw bar is not meant to be used for pulling like that.

It was out 1 9/16"

I straightened it in the press. I don't know if it will be okay to use or not.

/ I almost made some scrap metal today #2  
After years of skidding logs my neighbors looks worse than that.

/ I almost made some scrap metal today #3  
Get one of these for your drawbar:

243701d1325116223-hauling-logs-drawbar-hook.jpg

Bruce

/ I almost made some scrap metal today
I have a clevis in the draw bar already. I just wanted to transfer some more weight to the back of the tractor to pull the trees out.

/ I almost made some scrap metal today #5  
Looks like you need to use the center draw bar for those hefty trees. :D
I doubt pulling like that is very good for your lift arms with no support from the top link. I could be wrong though.

/ I almost made some scrap metal today #6  
I have had different drawbars over the years, some are better than others. When I had my first dozer a Deere 450 with worn tracks years ago I remember using my 4020 with a horizontal drawbar to raise the side of the dozer to get the track back in place. Worked fine with no problems for a year or so, wound up with a new drawbar later and bent it like a pretzel.

/ I almost made some scrap metal today #7  
Yep, drawbars are not strong in that direction...

Looks like you need to use the center draw bar for those hefty trees. :D
I doubt pulling like that is very good for your lift arms with no support from the top link. I could be wrong though.

It was in a quick hitch so it was supported by the top link.

I have had different drawbars over the years, some are better than others. When I had my first dozer a Deere 450 with worn tracks years ago I remember using my 4020 with a horizontal drawbar to raise the side of the dozer to get the track back in place. Worked fine with no problems for a year or so, wound up with a new drawbar later and bent it like a pretzel.

This one is made in china.

/ I almost made some scrap metal today #10  
94BULLITT,

That you were able to straighten it says it was fairly low grade steel as you suspect. Certainly not forged like in days past.