+++++Small pull behind rake+++++

/ +++++Small pull behind rake+++++ #1  

851 roger

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 851 Powermaster
Pull behind lawn rake
I'm looking for some feed back on those rotary type lawn rakes (like the big ones used for hay) that Northern Tool sells. I have about three and a half acres I only mow when its about 8" tall, and would like to start picking it up and composting it. Any good or bad reports would help. Thanx!!!!!!!!!!

/ +++++Small pull behind rake+++++ #2  
Those rakes won't pick up the clippings for you, but merely windrow them so you have to pick em up. Look to the cyclone rake, trac-vac, or proterro.

/ +++++Small pull behind rake+++++ #3  
When I am collecting on my lawn with about half that much material I use a collection system (vac). This is easier than raking since the short pieces chopped up don't lend themselves to clean raking. Easier and more efficient to pick them up and carry to the dump site.

/ +++++Small pull behind rake+++++ #4  
If you are referring to the basket type lawn sweepers, both Agrifab and Brinly Hardy make very good lawn sweepers. They probably make most of the pull behind implements for many of the manufacturers actually. They just paint them whatever color is needed.

/ +++++Small pull behind rake+++++
OK it appears that some of you misunderstood me. I'm looking for feedback about the product. I will pick up the grass, I just would like to row it instead of raking the whole yard. Here is a picture of what I'm talking about. Thanxhttp://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/27558_lg.gif

/ +++++Small pull behind rake+++++ #7  
Are you asking about the "wheel type" rakes? If yes it would depend on how fine your mower cuts the clippings. This type rake will not work with fine clippings but should work like a larger hay rake on longer clippings. You would have to look at one see what the teeth spacing is to get a better idea of what they would pick up.

/ +++++Small pull behind rake+++++
I cut the stuff with a brush hog when it gets about 8" tall