I guess its true, nothing runs like a Deere

/ I guess its true, nothing runs like a Deere #21  
I thought that most farmers have crop insurance.

that's what I was thinking

This happened near me a couple years ago. I never did see it, but people from my area were describing it as a much bigger fire than that (a couple hundred acres burned if IIRC). I guess the police were knocking on the doors of all the area farmer asking them to help out making fire breaks. This was to prevent property damage as the fire would have spread to a nearby town. In the end I heard that one farm house had some roof damage and maybe a corn crib had burned down. Without the farmers it would have been a lot worse. They must have done pretty wide paths since the fire actually jumped a couple roads. I can't imagine hitching up a plow/disc/cultivator of that size is a quick process so hopefully it was already hooked up. I would also want to make sure I was fully fueled too, hate to run out of fuel during that... or break down.:eek:

/ I guess its true, nothing runs like a Deere #22  
Pretty cool, I hadn't seen it either. I wonder if he was running the air conditioning - it had to be pretty warm in the cab without. But, he probably didn't have time to even think about it.

I would think if he had the A/C on he would have to recirculate the air in the cab depending on which way the wind or smoke was going as if he didn't he would fill the cab with smoke and cut his oxygen supply off . Yes it would be real hot in that cab if he couldn't run the a/c .

/ I guess its true, nothing runs like a Deere #23  
That was awesome. Thanks!

/ I guess its true, nothing runs like a Deere #24  
that's what I was thinking

This happened near me a couple years ago. I never did see it, but people from my area were describing it as a much bigger fire than that (a couple hundred acres burned if IIRC). I guess the police were knocking on the doors of all the area farmer asking them to help out making fire breaks. This was to prevent property damage as the fire would have spread to a nearby town. In the end I heard that one farm house had some roof damage and maybe a corn crib had burned down. Without the farmers it would have been a lot worse. They must have done pretty wide paths since the fire actually jumped a couple roads. I can't imagine hitching up a plow/disc/cultivator of that size is a quick process so hopefully it was already hooked up. I would also want to make sure I was fully fueled too, hate to run out of fuel during that... or break down.:eek:

With dry conditions like in that video in that area and others most farmers have a big tractor like that hooked up to a disc or chisel plow in the field that are in or close by they can use if a fire like that starts and yes the tractors are full of fuel and ready to go at anytime during a dry harvest like that . The crop he is in is wheat