JD X320 Observations

/ JD X320 Observations #1  

tld

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2025r
Had the X320 about three weeks now. Right at the 8 hour first oil/filter change. Here are several observations:

Seems as if it drinks a lot of fuel. Capacity is 3.3 galons. It takes that to mow 5 acres (mostly at top speed)..

It has a cruise control which I used one time. Today it doesn't work.

Has a rattle around the left guage wheen on deck. Drives me crazy.

Other than that it runs great.

/ JD X320 Observations #2  
Had the X320 about three weeks now. Right at the 8 hour first oil/filter change. Here are several observations:

Seems as if it drinks a lot of fuel. Capacity is 3.3 galons. It takes that to mow 5 acres (mostly at top speed)..

Have been thinking this might be my next mower. It's either that or a zero turn from deere. How'd you do for price and goodies from your dealer?

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ JD X320 Observations #3  

Brand new gas engine using .66 gals/acre to mow the lawn seems about right. Can the dealer fix the cruise control? Have them check on the rattling while they are at it.

/ JD X320 Observations #4  
Brand new gas engine using .66 gals/acre to mow the lawn seems about right. Can the dealer fix the cruise control? Have them check on the rattling while they are at it.

Another way of putting it is that if you consider he is probably cutting a 42" wide path (with overlap using a 48" deck), then an acre is the same as mowing 2.35 miles in a straight line. At .66 gal per acre, that's about 3.6 mpg. Of course there's lots of variation in turning and grass height/density, but that gives you an idea of how much energy is being used to mow as compared to driving a car down the highway. A diesel engine in a mower would probably double or triple that efficiency. Neither Kawasaki nor Briggs & Stratton gasoline lawn mower engines are blue ribbon winners in the efficiency race.:rolleyes:

/ JD X320 Observations
The mower itself (X320 with 54 inch deck and bumper was around $3200. It will go back sometime to fix the cruise and rattle but am afraid they will keep it for a week. Can't afford to do that with all the rain.