Wind Turbines?

/ Wind Turbines? #1  

catdozer

Platinum Member
Tractor
john deere
Well didn't know where to put this. So just put it where people will see it and point me in the right direction. I'm looking for information on Wind turbines. I would like to get in contact with someone that has done this or knows someone that is in this line of work. I would like to see what kind of jobs that are out there in this line of work, it seems to me that this would be a very enjoyable job. Thanks!

/ Wind Turbines? #2  
If you don't mind lots of travel, heights, climbing hundreds of feet at a time on a ladder and working in extremely cramped spaces, then I bet you could do well at it.

/ Wind Turbines?
If you don't mind lots of travel, heights, climbing hundreds of feet at a time on a ladder and working in extremely cramped spaces, then I bet you could do well at it.

I actually would not mind I kind of find that stuff fun. I've done many jobs that already required cramped spaces

/ Wind Turbines? #4  
Look into Vestas - they are one of the largest in the world and do a lot in the USA. Also GE Energy is another company too that does a fair amount in wind.

There were a lot of projects built out in last 5 years and now with gas being low cost the ROI is a bit tougher.

/ Wind Turbines? #5  
Well didn't know where to put this. So just put it where people will see it and point me in the right direction. I'm looking for information on Wind turbines. I would like to get in contact with someone that has done this or knows someone that is in this line of work. I would like to see what kind of jobs that are out there in this line of work, it seems to me that this would be a very enjoyable job. Thanks!

Where you at in Indiana? I can get you in touch with someone whos done exactly this kind of work. He can fill you in on all the ins and outs, ups and downs.. PM me if you wish.

/ Wind Turbines?
Where you at in Indiana? I can get you in touch with someone whos done exactly this kind of work. He can fill you in on all the ins and outs, ups and downs.. PM me if you wish.

PM sent

/ Wind Turbines? #7  
Hey Catdozer, TSTC in Sweetwater Tx has a very good wind energy program. I graduated from a TSTC heating and air conditioning program many years ago. Check them out at: Texas State Technical College

Tim

/ Wind Turbines? #8  
If you're looking at DIY Alternative Energy, then one of the best forums is:
Fieldlines.com: The Otherpower discussion board

If you're interested in Engineering, talk to you local community college, and state colleges.

For commercial installations, I don't know. One option might be to try to find companies that are already doing the wind power, and talk to them. Perhaps hunting on the internet for names and resources. Drive to California, or the Washington/Oregon Columbia Gorge.

I assume Indiana has some big flat expanses. I certainly would think that states like Kansas and Nebraska should be investing a lot more in wind energy.