Well...

/ Well... #1  

gregfender

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501 HST
I spent my day off trenching and replacing the drain line at my Dad's place. The bottom of the hill was a bit wetter than I anticipated. Things were fine trenching down the hill. The attempt to back up the hill was far less successful. Mud under the high grass. Wet, red, clay mud. I cussed. A lot. I felt better but the tractor is still just as stuck. Seriously stuck. Crap.

image-334158277.jpg

image-1061365993.jpg

/ Well... #2  
Not to make fun of your predicament, but that is not stuck.. that is not even close to being stuck.. you are "detained". I don't see any sunken wheels, and no frame parts on the ground. Did you try to use your loader to push your self backwards uphill? Did you get any material to put under the tires? Did you get out the come-a-Long? You are going to have to get to work to get that machine really stuck..It is a long way from being stuck. You might just be able to turn it around and get the weight on the rear wheels and put some boards under them to get a little momentum start and just drive it up. You can also try to clean the mud off a bit to get a little start bite maybe too. Keep at it,. Maybe you can get it stuck, but you are not stuck yet.

James K0UA

/ Well... #3  
You'll have her movin tomorrow.

/ Well...
A bit of an update. I am now wedged against a tree. I think I will be recruiting my neighbor and his big orange M8560 tomorrow. They are cranking up their haying in the field adjacent to my place. I just hate asking...

/ Well...
Not to make fun of your predicament, but that is not stuck.. that is not even close to being stuck.. you are "detained". I don't see any sunken wheels, and no frame parts on the ground. Did you try to use your loader to push your self backwards uphill? Did you get any material to put under the tires? Did you get out the come-a-Long? You are going to have to get to work to get that machine really stuck..It is a long way from being stuck. You might just be able to turn it around and get the weight on the rear wheels and put some boards under them to get a little momentum start and just drive it up. You can also try to clean the mud off a bit to get a little start bite maybe too. Keep at it,. Maybe you can get it stuck, but you are not stuck yet.

James K0UA

I like that..."detained."

/ Well... #6  
I got my first tractor (many years ago) stuck after I had owned it about 2 weeks. Now I was stuck mind you. I had both front wheels down below ground level and and pushed down into the mud many objects including a sheet of roofing tin, many bricks and rocks and boards. The FEL just would not push anything.. And I did not have sense enough to get it out. I did the "walk of shame" to the neighbor and asked for his help. He seemed very calm and inquired if I still had my Ford Explorer and a cable or chain. I said yes and he walked over. He asked that I get in the Ford at 90 degrees to the tractor, which allowed a downhill pull on pretty solid ground. He got on the tractor and fired her up. stomped the right brake to the floor turned the wheel hard over starboard (to the right) and popped the clutch as I pulled a bit with the Ford, The tractor "screwed" itself out of the ground almost instantly and was free. I felt like an idiot, as the wife and I could have done that. But I never forgot it.

James K0UA

/ Well... #7  
Invest in a "Wyeth-Scott" Power Puller hand winch and the amount of time you are "detained" will become much smaller.

/ Well... #8  
Greg,
I agree with Kuoa. However, if you keep zooming around there, without a plan, you could go from "detained" to really stuck. Stuck starts when the tractor is resting on the frame and all four wheels spin somewhat independently and freely.

/ Well... #9  
Greg, I would not ask the neighbor, you know how people are in Mac...Dowell county. They will put signs up in town and make fun of you.:eek::eek:

Sell it, sell it where it sits!! :D:D

Can you get a truck close enough to put a chain on it?

/ Well... #10  
Greg, I would not ask the neighbor, you know how people are in Mac...Dowell county. They will put signs up in town and make fun of you.:eek::eek:

Sell it, sell it where it sits!! :D:D

Can you get a truck close enough to put a chain on it?

Aw 'cmon are they really that mean in McDowell County?:)