Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L5240HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyiron View Post

Those guy's must be confused. Mine only cover my ears, I've never heard a tractor type hazard cetting close.
    Anybody have a set that get's in the AM signals well?
    Funny, looking back at the first post he doesn't even mention a tractor. Could be using a 22" push mower.

I use

Radio Ear Protection-image-3577823623-jpg

They work fantastic.

Tractor
    PowerTrac 1850

Default Re: Radio Ear Protection

I have both peltor work tunes and a ryobi brand headset. Both muffle the same. Ryobi has the very nice microphone that allows you to hear voices but reduces the other noises. I don't use that feature much. I do listen to music a lot and disagree with those who say it has no place in the work environment.

Ryobi Tek4 Audio Plus Noise Suppression Headphones-RP4530 at The Home Depot
    My one big complaint is the cords. But I just recently purchased on amazon a Bluetooth receiver and I Velcro it to the headset. Completely amazing. I use my phone as an iPod and having the system wireless really makes it a lot safer. I alway struggled with the wire catching on stuff

Amazon.com : Britelink Bluetooth Audio Receiver: Portable, Bluetooth Music Receiver with Stereo Output (3.5 mm) for Home and Auto Stereo Systems : Electronics
    Power-Trac 1850, grapple, hoe, 90" mower, 72" box blade

Tractor
    Kubota B2601

Quote Originally Posted by KenB2920 View Post
    Funny, looking back at the first post he doesn't even mention a tractor. Could be using a 22" push mower.

I use

Radio Ear Protection-image-3577823623-jpg

They work fantastic.
    I have the same kind and also the Stihl version. The Stihl ones suck as someone else stated but the Peltor one has been working fine for a couple of years.
    Kubota B2601 w/FEL & Q/A, 54" bucket, Bradco Pallet Forks, EA Grapple, EA Pine Straw Rake, Titan Stump Bucket, Titan 3pt pallet forks, Titan trailer mover, Titan ballast box, Turfco Aerator and Land Pride Pulverizer.
    ---------------------------
    Ferris Evolution 52" ZTR
    --------------------------
    Stihl stuff

Tractor
    Kubota L5240HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by amigauser View Post

I have the same kind and also the Stihl version. The Stihl ones suck as someone else stated but the Peltor one has been working fine for a couple of years.
    That's what the guy at my Stihl dealer told me. He now carries these and hasn't had any complaints

I find these to be clear, good noise reduction and I use them off the time. String trimmer, edger, blower, with my wood splitter aerator etc etc..... Honestly the only time the radio isn't on and is when I am felling trees. I like to hear that wood crackle so I know to get the heck out of dodge as she comes crashing down

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2320

I have the John Deere Noise Canceling headphones, which I LOVE!! - and when im using them I can hear everything that is going on with the engine and implement just fine - even playing music at the same time.

For the people that say to NOT use the radio/MP3 headphones because you cant hear whats going on - Have you actually tried the JD or 3m Worktunes headphones?

I know my shooting muffs dampen out much more noise and I may not be able to hear the engine/implement..
    Bedford, VA
    2320 w/ 62D MMM, 200CX FEL, Pats EZ Change, LX4 Cutter
    Co-owner (with my father) of John Deere 790, 30 HP, 4x4, 513 cutter, 70 FEL
    2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2520

I'm another with the Bose noise cancelling headphones. We had some points through Bayer, so I used them to pick up this $300 set of headphones. They work great for mowing. They completely block out all mower noise. I can use my ipod and have it set at a very low volume with these and still hear the music just fine. I just wish they were wireless. I got off the mower one time and ripped the cord out of them when I first got them. Luckily it had a second cord, minus the ipod controls that I have been using since. I'm on my 3rd year with them.

Tractor
    Mahindra (2011)5035 HST TLB & (2016)2555 HST Cab, JD (1991)420 HST

I have been using/repairing the Worktunes Digital muffs for years. The flat cables going between the muffs go bad. The Bilsom Hi-Viz are not digital, but have better stereo separation... and I use these for NASCAR and other sports where I am searching for stations all day. They also have a better cable going between the muffs. I just bought a set of Stanley Sync Digital muffs on Ebay, and they do not sell them anywhere else that I can find. They have the same long battery life as both the Worktunes and the Bilsom's. They seem to have the better cables of the Bilsom... and the pair I got seems to have a great radio front end like the Bilsoms.... but we will see. If so, I will stop buying the Worktunes ... I wear the crip out of these muff type radios... but the taking on and off all day does the most damage to them.
    78" [26"X10"fan] Mahindra front blower, 48" CID QA forks, 6' EverythingAttachments Land Plane, 78" JRW rear blower[26"X8"fan], homemade 1 ton rear weight, 6' Ford rear blade, big homemade 3pt box/carrier, 8" wood chipper

Tractor
    2 Kubota B 3030HST, B2710, B2320, RTV900

Try the new kubota Blue Tooth ear phones # 77700-04758
    The are great for $114.95

Tractor
    Kioti NX6010

I've lost hearing and try my beset to protect what I have left. I wear ear plugs in my cab to keep unwanted noise down. I turn the radio up and listen to PBR and my two indian variety radio stations.

Course, others may not appreciate my beatnic music choices.

Tractor
    PowerTrac 1850

PBR? How do you get the cans to stick to your head?
    Power-Trac 1850, grapple, hoe, 90" mower, 72" box blade

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast