Mowing Radio Ear Protection

/ Radio Ear Protection #1  

SEB92

Tractor
BX25
I am looking for some ear protection while mowing and so far have found the Stanley with radio and Mp3 connection. Does anyone suggest any other brand or model? I would like if they had Bluetooth connection to my phone to eliminate the cord. Thanks in advance!

/ Radio Ear Protection #2  
   / Radio Ear Protection #3  
Radio is a distraction when using powered equipment. Hearing protection should be used.

/ Radio Ear Protection #4  
Radio is a distraction when using powered equipment. Hearing protection should be used.

Agree 100%. I want to be able to hear it if I hit something, or if my equipment isn't running right without the radio drowning it out. Also, to me it makes no sense to drown out one loud noise with another.

/ Radio Ear Protection #5  
I will have to disagree with the two previous posts. If you ride on a tractor 8+ hours a day, listening to the radio can make it pass by much quicker. I spend about 25+hours a week running a bushhog and about 10 hours a week on a zero turn (and that’s just my side job) and I would go crazy without some tunes.
I know the HUMMMMM of my machine and by the seat of my pants can tell its frequencies, and having run equipment both ways I would always go back to a radio muffs.
That said, doing things like loader work or when other people are around, I would advocate using NO hearing protection so that you can hear the direction of others.
For that reason my hardassed father and grandfather did not believe in cab tractors. Everything we had from 25-150HP were all open. If they could have torn the cab off the combine they would...which by the way had no AC so you ran doors open...(choke)

I bought the 3M Work Tunes also and so far my only complaints are they are a little hot and I hate the cord. No batteries are a huge bonus if you use an MP3 player. At present time there are no economical choices short of $350 for a bluetooth setup.

/ Radio Ear Protection #6  
Well, minner, with your concern for safety one can only hope you make it to fatherhood muchless become a grandfather. One day you may understand the wisdom of your elders.

/ Radio Ear Protection #7  
I'm with minner...the tunes make things go quicker, and actually help keep me focused. However, when doing loader work, I don't use the tunes, and there isn't as much tractor noise as when using the mower/cutter.

I use a set of noise cancelling ear buds, and they seem to work well. I've tried a Motorola bluetooth headset, but it doesn't do a good enough job of cancelling the tractor noise and I have to crank the tunes up, so I stick with the cord on the ear buds for betting protection.

/ Radio Ear Protection #8  
Peltor has a good set whit bluetooth, no idea what they are prized in us.

/ Radio Ear Protection #9  
Well, minner, with your concern for safety one can only hope you make it to fatherhood muchless become a grandfather. One day you may understand the wisdom of your elders.

WOW...kinda harsh. I cant see how wearing/listening to radio muffs is a safety hazard. With the muffs on and radio off I cant hear a dam thing anyone may say to me. I also can "feel" the vibration in my machines, and know instantly if something's amiss. If your gonna hit something, it makes no difference if the radio is on or off..your gonna hit it either way, and react just a quickly.

/ Radio Ear Protection #10  
I'm with minner...the tunes make things go quicker, and actually help keep me focused. However, when doing loader work, I don't use the tunes, and there isn't as much tractor noise as when using the mower/cutter.

I'm the same way. I listen to my tunes as long as I'm alone. However, when doing tight loader work, hooking and unhooking implements or anytime someone is close by they come off.

I use these Skull Candy ear buds with built in mic for use in my iPhone or iPod. They sound amazing for $30. I run the wires inside my shirt to the device in my pocket or on the belt clip. I can still hear the equipment running AND enjoy my music. Oh and those d*mn pesky bugs can't fly in my ears while wearing them!!!