Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    BX25

Default Radio Ear Protection

I am looking for some ear protection while mowing and so far have found the Stanley with radio and Mp3 connection. Does anyone suggest any other brand or model? I would like if they had Bluetooth connection to my phone to eliminate the cord. Thanks in advance!

Tractor
    Kubota b2620, LA364 loader.custom rear remotes, THUMB bucket grapple, 60" box blade 72" landscape rake &many other toys

Default Re: Radio Ear Protection

I just got a 3M brand set for my birthday, 3M Tekk Protection Work Tunes AM/FM Radio/MP3 and Hearing Protector, they were on sale at northern tool and for $50 i thought it was a pretty good deal. no bluetooth though.

3M Tekk Protection Work Tunes AM/FM Radio/MP3 and Hearing Protector, Model# 90541-80025V | Hearing Protection| Northern Tool + Equipment

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    09' Kubota b3200HST

Radio is a distraction when using powered equipment. Hearing protection should be used.
    "Anything can happen to anyone at anytime"

Dave's Rules to live by:

#1 When the name calling starts, the name caller is out of credible facts.

#2 A statement made as fact without reference is nothing more than gossip.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti LK3054xs

Quote Originally Posted by powerpace View Post
    Radio is a distraction when using powered equipment. Hearing protection should be used.
    Agree 100%. I want to be able to hear it if I hit something, or if my equipment isn't running right without the radio drowning it out. Also, to me it makes no sense to drown out one loud noise with another.
    There are only 2 rules in life:
    1. Don't tell everyone everything you know.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040 cab

I will have to disagree with the two previous posts. If you ride on a tractor 8+ hours a day, listening to the radio can make it pass by much quicker. I spend about 25+hours a week running a bushhog and about 10 hours a week on a zero turn (and that’s just my side job) and I would go crazy without some tunes.
    I know the HUMMMMM of my machine and by the seat of my pants can tell its frequencies, and having run equipment both ways I would always go back to a radio muffs.
    That said, doing things like loader work or when other people are around, I would advocate using NO hearing protection so that you can hear the direction of others.
    For that reason my hardassed father and grandfather did not believe in cab tractors. Everything we had from 25-150HP were all open. If they could have torn the cab off the combine they would...which by the way had no AC so you ran doors open...(choke)

I bought the 3M Work Tunes also and so far my only complaints are they are a little hot and I hate the cord. No batteries are a huge bonus if you use an MP3 player. At present time there are no economical choices short of $350 for a bluetooth setup.

Tractor
    Kubota M6040

Well, minner, with your concern for safety one can only hope you make it to fatherhood muchless become a grandfather. One day you may understand the wisdom of your elders.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2720

I'm with minner...the tunes make things go quicker, and actually help keep me focused. However, when doing loader work, I don't use the tunes, and there isn't as much tractor noise as when using the mower/cutter.

I use a set of noise cancelling ear buds, and they seem to work well. I've tried a Motorola bluetooth headset, but it doesn't do a good enough job of cancelling the tractor noise and I have to crank the tunes up, so I stick with the cord on the ear buds for betting protection.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Same Explorer 65, MF 135, MF 30, MF165, Volvo BM 55, Volvo BM 425, Volvo BM 2254, Terengmester skidder, Ford 3000, Fordson major, Derreng unknown model, IH B275, MAN 4R2, Gutbord sub compact.

Peltor has a good set whit bluetooth, no idea what they are prized in us.

Tractor
    JD 3320

Quote Originally Posted by oosik View Post
    Well, minner, with your concern for safety one can only hope you make it to fatherhood muchless become a grandfather. One day you may understand the wisdom of your elders.
    WOW...kinda harsh. I cant see how wearing/listening to radio muffs is a safety hazard. With the muffs on and radio off I cant hear a dam thing anyone may say to me. I also can "feel" the vibration in my machines, and know instantly if something's amiss. If your gonna hit something, it makes no difference if the radio is on or off..your gonna hit it either way, and react just a quickly.

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

Quote Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post
    I'm with minner...the tunes make things go quicker, and actually help keep me focused. However, when doing loader work, I don't use the tunes, and there isn't as much tractor noise as when using the mower/cutter.
    I'm the same way. I listen to my tunes as long as I'm alone. However, when doing tight loader work, hooking and unhooking implements or anytime someone is close by they come off.

I use these Skull Candy ear buds with built in mic for use in my iPhone or iPod. They sound amazing for $30. I run the wires inside my shirt to the device in my pocket or on the belt clip. I can still hear the equipment running AND enjoy my music. Oh and those d*mn pesky bugs can't fly in my ears while wearing them!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast