Kubota BX25D greasing nipples

/ Kubota BX25D greasing nipples #1  

andrewmichel

Tractor
Kubota BX25d
Hello, Im new to owning a Kubota BX25D

I am wondering if there are different size nippes on my kubota? My grease gun seems to fit some but not all and im wondering if i am doing it right.

/ Kubota BX25D greasing nipples #2  
Hello, Im new to owning a Kubota BX25D

I am wondering if there are different size nippes on my kubota? My grease gun seems to fit some but not all and im wondering if i am doing it right.

Which ones does the gun not fit on??

/ Kubota BX25D greasing nipples
well its my first time greesing nipples, i started on the back hoe, the ones on the bucket of the hoe seemed to fit at first but the ones at the top of the arm did not, now i cant seem to get my grease gun to fit on the ones that i greased before.

On my grease gun, there is a tiny peice of flat metal on the end where you put it on the nipple, does that mean something?

/ Kubota BX25D greasing nipples #4  
Many grease gun tips have a knurled barrel that can be rotated to increase or decrease the diameter of the receiver for the zerk fitting.

That said, many cheap grease guns are not very useful and in general the quality of zerk fittings ain't so hot either.

/ Kubota BX25D greasing nipples #5  
well its my first time greesing nipples, i started on the back hoe, the ones on the bucket of the hoe seemed to fit at first but the ones at the top of the arm did not, now i cant seem to get my grease gun to fit on the ones that i greased before.

On my grease gun, there is a tiny peice of flat metal on the end where you put it on the nipple, does that mean something?

You should be able to adjust the zerk nipple on the end of the grease gun. It sounds like it is adjusted a little too tight, and you should be able to open it up a bit.

(There are different size zerks, but I'm pretty sure all the ones on your BX25 will be the same size, as it is on my BX24. The zerk nipple is adjustable for different size zerks - but once you adjust it correct for yours, you shouldn't have to change it unless you are greasing something else with different size zerks.)

/ Kubota BX25D greasing nipples #6  
Many grease gun tips have a knurled barrel that can be rotated to increase or decrease the diameter of the receiver for the zerk fitting.

That said, many cheap grease guns are not very useful and in general the quality of zerk fittings ain't so hot either.

You were faster than me. :)

/ Kubota BX25D greasing nipples
Thanks, any idea where that adjustment might be? is it on the end of the gun?

/ Kubota BX25D greasing nipples #10  
All the grease nipples are the same size on the BX25D. On mine however some of them had plastic caps on them and if not noticed it would be very difficult to get your grease gun to fit on the nipple and impossible to get the grease in.