Yahoo- I finally have my Kubota

/ Yahoo- I finally have my Kubota #1  

Tobyone

Tractor
2012 Kubota B3200 HSD w/ FEL, 60 in mid mount mower and 60 in box blade
Gents,

Yahoo- Yes, last week I finally purchased a 2012 Kubota B3200 HSD w/ FEL, 60 in QA bucket and a 60 inch mid mount mower. This tractor is in mint condition and has only 30hrs of use with 90% used for mowing. I have since purchased a new County Line 60 inch BOX Blade 440 lbs w/ 5/16 steel sides. I looked at Land Pride BB1560 which weighed in a 424 lbs w/ 5/16 steel sides. Aaah, I just could not justify spending several hundred dollars more. In any event, I have only had the tractor for less than a week and so far I am very pleased with the power and exceptional performance.

As stated in my original post a few weeks ago, I will be using the tractor for hauling wood, landscaping, grading my driveway, and snow removal. I have under an acre of grass, and I am not certain if I will keep the almost new 60 inch mid mount mower deck.

I am also looking for your expertise and advise. If I do keep the mower, It would be much simpler to have a quick release attachment for removing and attaching the box blade. Very time consuming. What brand of quick attachment do you suggest? Is one brand better that the other? Do they work as well as advertised? I have only been a member of TBN for a few weeks and I have much enjoyed the threads.

Thank you,

Tobyone

/ Yahoo- I finally have my Kubota #2  
Keep the mower, you will love using your new tractor for cutting grass.
Congrats!?

/ Yahoo- I finally have my Kubota #3  
Tobyone,

Congratulations on getting your Kubota. I agree with Will, keep the mower deck. Look at John Deere's and Land Pride's Quick Hitches. You will need to get a set of quick hitch bushings for each rear implement that you purchase.

/ Yahoo- I finally have my Kubota #4  
In my opinion adding Stabilworks pin-adjustable, rigid stabilizers are the premier aftermarket solution to difficult implement mounts. I mount my Rollover Box Blade, 630 pounds, on or off in less than two minutes. I often make three implement changes a day.

Stabilworks mechs dramatically reinforce 3-Pt. hitch when pushing implements; most importantly PUSHING a Box Blade and PUSHING a Rotary Cutter. Stabilworks <$200.

Pat's Easy Change are also recommended but Pat's increases your lower link length by 4", which means you may have to add 4" adaptors to PTO shafts to increase shaft lengths, you lose leveling/pivot feature of lower link "eyes" and you have to use Pat's proprietary lynch pins. No lower link reinforcement with Pat's.

Harry Ferguson invented the three-point hitch and held patents on it 1926-1953. Once Ferguson's patents expired the "Three Point" became standard tractor-implement connection worldwide. Consider before cluttering Ferguson's brilliant design to "improve" it.

LINKS:

Kubota tractor stabilizers Kubota [url]www.stabilworks.com - YouTube[/url]

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/261489-rollover-box-blade-difficult-load.html

See if mounting tips in second link help you. If not, expand on your loading difficulties and we will coach you. Technique is half the solution.

Attachments

• IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
   / Yahoo- I finally have my Kubota #5  
Welcome to TBN and congrats on such a great rig.

I'd keep the mower too. Unless you have another mower you like better, which I doubt. It won't take long to cut with this thing. You might find yourself cutting it twice a week just because you can. :licking:

/ Yahoo- I finally have my Kubota #6  
How long does it take you to mount the box blade?

Considering you are just using the one implement, how much do you expect to use it? You say you have <1 acre of grass, but is there a lot more property you need the BB often to maintain?
If money is no concern, go and get one, but sounds like you are trying to be more economical, so I'm wondering what the big payback on the QH will be.

I have a 4 ft BB, and it takes a bit of wrestling to get on, but only takes a few minutes at that. I would look at the stableworks stabilizers first (assuming low cost) then maybe the QH.
More than anything it may just take some time and experience to work out a good method/setup to mount the BB efficiently.

The biggest time consumer for me is actually mounting/unmounting the whole 3ph when I want to put my backhoe on. If you are not doing that, 3ph tays on always, and just occationally use the BB for some occational but time intensive projects, not sure I would bother.

/ Yahoo- I finally have my Kubota #7  
Congrats on the tractor. Very nice setup you have.

I would keep the mower until I was really sure I didn't need it.

/ Yahoo- I finally have my Kubota #8  
A land pride quick hitch is 500$ so pats might be the way to go for you.

/ Yahoo- I finally have my Kubota #9  
I like my Pat's but I did have to make a longer top link bar
bought one @ TSC for $24 and cut it in half and welded 8" between

/ Yahoo- I finally have my Kubota #10  
enjoy your new tractor.